Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Well done! I think @Willd probably has it. A wonderful dead end road down to Loch Lomond, and return around the traffic free Loch Katrine.

Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

On the Munro front, Bens Narnain, Vane and Vorlich are in that direction. Perhaps someone better informed than me could identify which is which?

GuyBoden

Guru
Yes, looks like a fantastic cycling route, a google image search shows that @Willd posted the picture from the Glasgow World website.

There is a regular direct train from Warrington to Glasgow.

13 Munros near Glasgow to bag this summer all less than an hour and a half away!
https://www.glasgowworld.com/lifest...all-less-than-an-hour-and-a-half-away-4151372

Here is the picure:
https://www.thestar.co.uk/webimg/b2...MyNC1kMTExM2Y2OGYwOWY=.jpg?crop=3:2&width=800
o0ZjIxYzI0My02ZjIxLTRhZTktYTMyNC1kMTExM2Y2OGYwOWY=.jpg

GuyBoden

Guru
The codes for the 86 Railway Bridge are these:

"83m 01ch Bridge Manor House (Hillmorton) - Single Span Brick Arch Underline Bridge | Brick (Arch) (Adj to LEC1/270) 86"

"80m 55ch Bridge Brindley Rd / The Locks - Single Span Brick Arch Underline Bridge | Brick (Arch) (adj to HNR/86) 270"

Last edited:

robjh

Legendary Member
The codes for the 86 Railway Bridge are these:

"83m 01ch Bridge Manor House (Hillmorton) - Single Span Brick Arch Underline Bridge | Brick (Arch) (Adj to LEC1/270) 86"

"80m 55ch Bridge Brindley Rd / The Locks - Single Span Brick Arch Underline Bridge | Brick (Arch) (adj to HNR/86) 270"

The two different height sections was one thing that led me there. There was an overhead wire visible in the picture and it was a wide bridge suggesting a main line, so that narrowed the search. I had wondered if the lower section was a parallel canal, which sent me looking at the WCML near the M1 in Northants. Then I noticed these two railway lines running parallel for a while, so it no longer had to be railway+canal; then it was just a matter of trying all the bridges.

GuyBoden

Guru
The two different height sections was one thing that led me there. There was an overhead wire visible in the picture and it was a wide bridge suggesting a main line, so that narrowed the search. I had wondered if the lower section was a parallel canal, which sent me looking at the WCML near the M1 in Northants. Then I noticed these two railway lines running parallel for a while, so it no longer had to be railway+canal; then it was just a matter of trying all the bridges.

You're guess could be correct, but the two google 2022 images don't look correct to my eyes. There was a rail on the top right hand side. I found the same bridge earlier.

1700239525670-png.png

Railway Bridge.png

robjh

Legendary Member
You're guess could be correct, but the two google 2022 images don't look correct to my eyes. There was a rail on the top right hand side. I found the same bridge earlier.

View attachment 713755

View attachment 713754

Hmm yes, I'll wait for @Willd to confirm. The sign is different too - the current one on streetview looks newer with the addition of metric height. Could the railing have been replaced at the same time?

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
Looks right to me. The houses visible through the arch. Bit of a trick Streetscene shot as it makes the bridge look a skew whereas from other angles it plainly is not.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Aaaargh... I overlooked that one! I looked at Highfield Road, which is parallel to it. That stuck in my mind because it was the name of the former Coventry City football ground.

Well done.

I liked this one because it was obvious that it was in an elevated position a reasonable distance to the east of the City of London. The problem was tracking down the actual road.

Top Bottom