Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well done!

We do that road on the return leg of the Humber Bridge ride. It is coming off the one significant hill in 100 miles.

Over to you again.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Whilst the vast majority of my rides are in and around Lancashire and Cumbria... this road is absolutely nowhere near either of those counties.
I cycled this road in 1984 on my Grifter/BMX concoction. Save to say i didn't cycle to it from Lancaster. I'll think of a clue to the county if it's needed.
- name that lane.jpg

GuyBoden

Guru

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

Amazing. :notworthy:

I didn't even have to use my 'sale of the century' clue.

And as if by chance as i typed "I didn't cycle there from Lancaster" i almost added "I'm not Guy Boden!"

did you recognise from a quick ride out from Warrington? ;)

I figured the finger sign might have suggested south east... but very impressed you got it so quick!

GuyBoden

Guru
Amazing. :notworthy:

I didn't even have to use my 'sale of the century' clue.

And as if by chance as i typed "I didn't cycle there from Lancaster" i almost added "I'm not Guy Boden!"

did you recognise from a quick ride out from Warrington? ;)

I figured the finger sign might have suggested south east... but very impressed you got it so quick!

No, I've never cycled to Norfolk :laugh:, but I've spent a lot of time touring around Norfolk in the car with my wife over the years and was near there only last week. We think that some of the village signs are superb.

This is easy, if you know it.
Name that road?
NTR Aug 2023.png

NTR.

GuyBoden

Guru
Clue 02
pennine-way.png

robjh

Legendary Member
No, I've never cycled to Norfolk :laugh:, but I've spent a lot of time touring around Norfolk in the car with my wife over the years and was near there only last week. We think that some of the village signs are superb.

This is easy, if you know it.
Name that road?
View attachment 702928

NTR.

Leaving Dufton here - heading north though I don't know the road name
1692658577730.png

GuyBoden

Guru
I saw the Pennine Way clue, and the previous clue of a wide valley in the moors suddenly popped up as 'High Cup Nick' in my head, and hey presto we're at Dufton, where the pointy hill came up in some images on a quick search.

Well done, it is indeed near Dufton village, a good place to park for the Pennine Way and walking up "High Cup Nick". Also, as Colin guessed my intended car park for cycling up Great Dun Fell.

Edit: Info: The distinctive "pointy hill" is called Dufton Pike.

Last edited:
Top Bottom