Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Guru
so i reckon its i the borders somewhere, on an A road on the outskirts of a town (hence the pavement).

However Celine's clues are nearly always very cryptic, two or three times removed from location name and require a degree in local history to solve!

Superman

a capon - "cape on" lends to the above

the above is probable wrong and I haven't got a clue on the other clues.

Well London Plane is a type of tree.

There is also a Scottish bird called a Capercaillie, though I'm not sure that helps at all.

Mr Celine

Discordian
@T4tomo and @Alex321 have, between the two of them, named what type of thing is behind the fence and what it's actual name is.

After that, it doesn't require a degree in local history, just put the answer into Google, add UK to stop google only searching your own locale and the thing behind the fence should come out as the top result.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
@T4tomo and @Alex321 have, between the two of them, named what type of thing is behind the fence and what it's actual name is.

After that, it doesn't require a degree in local history, just put the answer into Google, add UK to stop google only searching your own locale and the thing behind the fence should come out as the top result.

Not on my google :wacko:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
https://www.google.com/maps/@55.4620167,-2.5540579,3a,75y,54.95h,83.17t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sNzSM9DQr6kYAjtCS5nQtsw!2e0!6shttps://streetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com/v1/thumbnail?panoid=NzSM9DQr6kYAjtCS5nQtsw&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&w=203&h=100&yaw=333.08636&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i16384!8i8192?authuser=0&entry=ttu

1687775578806.png

ah the capon tree oak

annoyingly earlier searches last week had revealed the the Capon tree town house, but somehow I hadn't then got to the tree itsself DOH!!!!

1687775665745.png

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Bingo. Two bridges for the price of one...

off you go

Top Bottom