Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Did you know it, find it from the clues, or just have a look around Todmorden for that kind of thing?
I thought it looked Calder Vallyish, but in this case google image was my friend and a report of an accident in the Huddersfield Examiner ^_^

Last edited:

Alex321

Guru

I used to live less than 5 miles as the crow flies from there, but I don't think I have ever driven that actual road (or ridden it).

I was looking further East in Wales, more Black Mountains than Brecon Beacons.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I need better glasses or a bigger picutre.
I didn't even notice that! :okay:

I accidentally left part of the Street View compass in bottom right, which would give some indication as to which directions we definitely were NOT facing.

The clues were:
  1. Footpath off to left.
  2. STEEP road!
  3. Dry stone wall made of millstone grit (strong hint of YORKSHIRE!)
  4. Distant hillside.
  5. Partial compass suggests NOT easterly/westerly.

Well done!

Did you know it, find it from the clues, or just have a look around Todmorden for that kind of thing?
Damn, me and my eyes. I thought 3 was a hedge, so it must have been a hill near Leyland.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
... it might not be popular...
In the dog house? :whistle:

I used to live less than 5 miles as the crow flies from there, but I don't think I have ever driven that actual road (or ridden it).
It's quite a tough climb, but a nicer way to head towards Burnley than just going up the A646.

Dog House Lane Todmorden.png

GuyBoden

Guru
screenshot_20221223_201147_penup-jpg.jpg

On the latest NTR, there seems to be a blue plaque on the house wall and a brown sign.

"There are 93 symbols on brown signs that make up the officially recognised “types” of attractions and facilities across Britain."
http://www.followthebrownsigns.com/brown-signs/

Maybe, Church, Cathedral or Castle

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'm looking at

Well done, I'd already looked at Pontefract Castle and missed it. Good find:okay:

I missed it too the first time, completely overlooking the approach from the east. Then a search for 'castle conservation areas yorkshire' led me to a PDF in which was a photo of The Booths and the remains of an Anglo-Saxon church.

the booths2.jpg

Top Bottom