Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Last question...

Is THIS it?! :laugh:

Wind turbines Wales.jpg

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I thought it looked at an elevation of 350-400-ish m, heading SW-ish (from the shadows). 'Obscure' = narrow yellow road on OS map. No walls or fences = dashed sidelines on OS map.

Once I knew it was Wales, I thought south rather than north. I just panned around the OS map looking for such a road. My map doesn't show the windfarm though.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Last question...

Is THIS it?! :laugh:
Just to complete the formalities...

Yes.

I was a bit surprised that "obscure" attracted so much attention. I regard this as a road which will get ignored by most cyclists passing nearby. I know I've ridden it in both directions, but it's a bit out of range for a day ride from Bristol and I can't remember what the circumstances were.

Your turn Colin. Oh look you've already posted it. Can't find a yellow card emoji.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Is it Yorkshire?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Doesn't the satellite dish also give a clue as to which way is north?
I didn't even notice that! :okay:

I accidentally left part of the Street View compass in bottom right, which would give some indication as to which directions we definitely were NOT facing.

The clues were:
  1. Footpath off to left.
  2. STEEP road!
  3. Dry stone wall made of millstone grit (strong hint of YORKSHIRE!)
  4. Distant hillside.
  5. Partial compass suggests NOT easterly/westerly.
It's Doghouse Lane Todmorden, but I am having difficulty pulling an image up on this tablet.
Well done!

Did you know it, find it from the clues, or just have a look around Todmorden for that kind of thing?

Top Bottom