Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
when warehouses was mentioned, I instantly thought of the huge Magna Park complex just east of Lutterworth. But looking at the maps, there appears to be another just north of Rugby and one at Crick... and more further afield.

Could easily be a very busy trunk road rather than a motorway

its warehouse hub central up there, loads of them, central to England and easy access to Mways and trunk roads, it a logicians dream.:okay:

Willd

Guru
There is also this on the horizon, doesn't blow up very well, however a clearer shot would give the game away :okay:

1671723503488.png

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

Venod

Eh up
My guess would be the National Lift Tower?
Interesting never knew it existed.

Whenever lifts are mentioned it reminds me of working at Hartlepool Nuclear PS, we were doing some repair work on fuel stringer seals, for some reason they employed a contractor as a lift operator, he was on 12 hour nights but he took his mate of early so did 13hr shifts, allegedly he had done this for 9 year without a night off, he was as mad as an hater.

Willd

Guru
Correct, over to you :okay:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Not one of Bing Maps' finest moments. I spent quite a while looking at views of the Swan Valley Industrial Estate in the bottom right of this extract:

Kisling1.jpg

There didn't seem any point looking at what turned out to be the correct road because there was nothing to see there.

Until, that is, I zoomed in one step...too late!

Kisling2.jpg

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
(My guest is late!)

Interesting never knew it existed.
My sister used to live in Towcester and my nephew in Northampton. You can see the tower from a long way off. I wondered what it was so I Googled it at the time.

@ColinJ the National Lift Tower is on the middle left. Thanks:okay:
Ah yes...

Not one of Bing Maps' finest moments. I spent quite a while looking at views of the Swan Valley Industrial Estate in the bottom right of this extract:
My OS maps are from 2015 and 2016 and do not show the new estate either so I looked at Rothersthorpe Rd, a km to the east, but didn't try Kislingbury Road.

Top Bottom