Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It wouldn’t be fair of me to give clues to @ColinJ puzzle!
You could just identify it and claim your prize! :okay:

GuyBoden

Guru
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.3...4!1s7YfZgSwevnaNhHw1NkHm8w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Reasty Road

At last

Reasty Road.png

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Well done!

Yes, we did that in the first Tour de Yorkshire sportive. There was a cameraman taking snaps of us on the 16% ramp. I deleted mine because it was such an unflattering photo - imagine an unfit, overweight, ageing, sweaty man gurning his way up a nasty climb... :whistle:

Back to you.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Well done @GuyBoden ! Me and my 15 year old friend Graham went from York to Coneysthorpe then Kirby Misperton near Pickering before heading by train to Whitby. We then returned to Scarborough via the moor road which was quiet back then for the train home. I can’t remember the exact route but do recall that b hill! I nearly choked when you mentioned Coneysthorpe and Pickering as well.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Well done!

Yes, we did that in the first Tour de Yorkshire sportive. There was a cameraman taking snaps of us on the 16% ramp. I deleted mine because it was such an unflattering photo - imagine an unfit, overweight, ageing, sweaty man gurning his way up a nasty climb... :whistle:

Back to you.
Ooops I rode than and have the photo, of me not ColinJ

GuyBoden

Guru
appears to be more of a canal than a road...

The road is next to the canal locks, it's easy to find the canal locks, then you'll find the road.:okay:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

It's a nice ride in the summer from my house. A bit flat for you.:smile:
Not true - I enjoy flatter rides on my singlespeed bike**.

** Which is currently a twospeed. I move the chain by hand between 2 rings and 2 sprockets and then have to adjust the chain tensioner. My new project is to replace the tensioner with a rear mech. and fit one of those friction shifters that I offered to you thus making the bike into a '1x2'. (If I do that, I may later turn it into a 2x2 by adding the second shifter and a front mech.)

Top Bottom