Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Peps

Shops are not obligated to sell you anything at the mistaken price. So irrespective of them making a mistake. You still made a tit of yourself.

The funny thing is that it probably was the correct price. Decathlon seem to be pricing a few last size items with big discounts in store. This week I got a short sleeve jersey for £4.99 (printed price) that was £34.99 full price and on sale for £19.99 on the website.

Sniffer77

I fully understand that, you're not telling me anything that isn't common knowledge. It was not the fact that they wouldn't stand by the price, it was the clear intimation that I was attempting to deceive the sales assistant by hand writing my own reduced labels. I wasn't prepared to walk away with someone regarding me as deceitful and a thief. A tit perhaps, but one with integrity and honesty.

Totally agree with you here, I would have done the same if they had even hinted I had changed the price . Sales assistant fair enough, but a manager would get it both barrels if he said it.

Sixmile

Guru
Halfords selling SPD cleats for £3. I'm going to click & collect a couple of pairs for that price.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/cycling-clothing/shoes/shimano-spd-cleat-sm-sh52-with-nut

Cheers, reserved a set locally. Picking them up in an hour to go with my decathlon shoes I didn't want!

Sixmile

Guru
You mean the shoes didn't come with cleats at THAT price :laugh:

I'm still cleatless. Went to local halfords and reserved them then following the 'your order is being processed' and 'your order is ready for collection' messages it turns out the store didn't have any after all! Email being drafted.. ;)

G3CWI

Veteran
It's worth a quick look on the clearance rails at Halfords. I picked up a long-sleeved winter jersey (£5) and a windproof jacket (£15). Dare2Be so not the best quality perhaps but still a bargain.

Top Bottom