Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Triban 500 SE, I.e carbon forks and microshift 8 spd down to £299.

Not sure why they renamed everything though.

outlash

also available in orange
Received my lights today, they look fine apart from the battery pack which is a two cell unit. Looks woefully inadequate to drive both lights. I think buying a new power source might be in order, but they're still a bargain.

simon.r

Person
Vulpine are having an online sample sale, quality kit heavily discounted but only a few bits left
www.vulpine.cc

Thanks, I've been looking for a decent, reasonably priced pair of casual riding shorts. I balk at paying £65 for a pair of poly/cotton shorts, no matter how good they are, but £30 is much more sensible. I may even get to wear them once or twice this year?!

Thanks, missed them at 9.99 but still a bargain.
It's now up to £20, but it's still a good deal

(not getting it myself. I'll probably regret that later)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Received my lights today, they look fine apart from the battery pack which is a two cell unit. Looks woefully inadequate to drive both lights. I think buying a new power source might be in order, but they're still a bargain.
I might use the battery pack from my xml t6 , its a 6 cell assuming it fits for the front and the 2 pack for the back .

simon.r

Person

I charged mine fully and am currently testing - with the front on low constant and the rear one constant and one flashing they've been going for 2 hours so far.

Edit - they died somewhere between 3 and 3 1/2 hours. That's inside in a warm room, so I'd imagine that on a cold night they'd last 2+ hours. That'll do for less than a tenner!

Last edited:

DrLex

merely the moocher
Thanks, I've been looking for a decent, reasonably priced pair of casual riding shorts. I balk at paying £65 for a pair of poly/cotton shorts, no matter how good they are, but £30 is much more sensible. I may even get to wear them once or twice this year?!

I bought the Hoy/Vulpine Saitama ones a few weeks back, when they were 1/2 price and been very pleased with them. Treated myself to a pair of 'Epic Cotton' rain trousers - shouldn't be long before testing them in the appropriate weather...

albion

Guru
The battery pack is a standard 2 cell lithium so 7.2V or so.

The rear light looks dangerous bright so Im temted to wireup my 6 cell USB 5V output pack for a slightly more sensible setup.
2 cell is acceptable for commuting thus the wording.

Top Bottom