Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've just bought the Cateye Volt 300 for £25, (I think that's better than I'd seen it at previously), now I just need to get the rear one at a bargain price.
I found an email today in my Spam folder saying sorry no stock!

Sixmile

Guru
Found a pair of RR3 mountain bike trainers in Decathlon down from £29.99 to £5.

Took them to the till, the girl assured me they wouldn't ever be marked down that low and that a member of staff would never handwrite a reduction as they only use labels. I went for a coffee. Came back, decided to make a point. I found a host of other handwritten mark downs and asked who's handwriting it was. The guy in the cycle dep confirmed that their label maker was broken and they've been handwriting labels. A further discussion with a manager and he stated that they don't handwrite labels. I said that leaves 2 options, either someone is walking around the shop writing them and hanging them back up or else I did it. I asked did he think someone was writing labels and hanging them up, he said so. I asked what that left. Never going back to thon place. The trainers are brutal looking but thought at a fiver I could stomach them.

So a great deal which isn't a deal.

mythste

Veteran

Took them to the till, the girl assured me they wouldn't ever be marked down that low and that a member of staff would never handwrite a reduction as they only use labels. I went for a coffee. Came back, decided to make a point. I found a host of other handwritten mark downs and asked who's handwriting it was. The guy in the cycle dep confirmed that their label maker was broken and they've been handwriting labels. A further discussion with a manager and he stated that they don't handwrite labels. I said that leaves 2 options, either someone is walking around the shop writing them and hanging them back up or else I did it. I asked did he think someone was writing labels and hanging them up, he said so. I asked what that left. Never going back to thon place. The trainers are brutal looking but thought at a fiver I could stomach them.

Caught sales assistant off guard, became Sherlock over a coffee, didnt buy something you didnt want.

Way to go, Champ.

Cateye Nano Shot Plus, 600 lumens, 60% off £39.99
http://www.cyclesurgery.com/pws/UniqueProductKey.ice?ProductID=CCAT0073KK
cateye-nano-shot-plus-front-light.jpg

Crandoggler

Shops are not obligated to sell you anything at the mistaken price. So irrespective of them making a mistake. You still made a tit of yourself.

fossala

Guru
I bought one a few years ago and found it crap. No better than a cheap lumex 20.

Sixmile

Guru
Shops are not obligated to sell you anything at the mistaken price. So irrespective of them making a mistake. You still made a tit of yourself.

I fully understand that, you're not telling me anything that isn't common knowledge. It was not the fact that they wouldn't stand by the price, it was the clear intimation that I was attempting to deceive the sales assistant by hand writing my own reduced labels. I wasn't prepared to walk away with someone regarding me as deceitful and a thief. A tit perhaps, but one with integrity and honesty.

Sixmile

Guru

Caught sales assistant off guard, became Sherlock over a coffee, didnt buy something you didnt want.

Way to go, Champ.

I fully understand that, you're not telling me anything that isn't common knowledge. It was not the fact that they wouldn't stand by the price, it was the clear intimation that I was attempting to deceive the sales assistant by hand writing my own reduced labels. I wasn't prepared to walk away with someone regarding me as deceitful and a thief. A tit perhaps, but one with integrity and honesty.

Well turns out it was a bargain. Thanks to the customer service manager online, Decathlon provided the trainers free of charge as an apology for my in store experience. Picked them up at lunch time there.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
2 bags of Haribo with orders from tredz :laugh: placed a couple of orders recently for my 'new' bike build & both times had 2 bags of Haribo & you normally get a £5 voucher off £50+ spend, pop up when you go onto their site :okay:

Top Bottom