Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Halfords are doing cycling flash deals on certain days. Bikes, Boardman, Helmets and others on specific dates.

Today's is 20% off road bikes. Others will know better than me if there's anything worth a punt. Ends today, so be quick.

https://www.halfords.com/search?cgid=503594

told mrs ck we need to pop in, she was not impressed....

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yes, I think they published their year end results recently and the cycling section of the business was down year on year. Perhaps trying to get some footfall, webfall (is that even a word??)
Their website is a usability disaster, the click and collect shaky and often notifies customers orders are ready before the store has them, some of their few city/town centre stores have closed in favour of retail park stores less easy to reach by bike or dragging a bike while better-located bike-specific shops have started opening again. I think it'll take more than flash sales to recover, but enjoy it while it lasts!

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Their website is a usability disaster, the click and collect shaky and often notifies customers orders are ready before the store has them, some of their few city/town centre stores have closed in favour of retail park stores less easy to reach by bike or dragging a bike while better-located bike-specific shops have started opening again. I think it'll take more than flash sales to recover, but enjoy it while it lasts!

I had a click and collect item that Halfords rang and told me wasn't available. It took a fortnight and several calls and emails to get my money back.

I've noticed Evans cycles seem very overstocked when I've been in lately. Cycling boom well and truly over?

wonderloaf

Veteran
Halfords are doing cycling flash deals on certain days. Bikes, Boardman, Helmets and others on specific dates.

Today's is 20% off road bikes. Others will know better than me if there's anything worth a punt. Ends today, so be quick.

https://www.halfords.com/search?cgid=503594

Extra 10% off Bike Parts & Accessories when you spend £30 or more, finishes Wednesday. Can confirm this works in conjunction with 20% off as I've just nabbed myself a nice Lazer helmet to add to my growing collection!

scragend

Not necessarily. Mr Sports Direct might have got good deals on bulk buys.

And then there's all the Wiggle stuff he's inherited.

The Evans near where I work has had signs up offering big discounts on ex-Wiggle stock in store for a while now.

Sixmile

Veteran
Velo Culture in Portrush NI have 50% off all clothing in store.

I know the location is fairly niche but then again I haven't been able to avail of any of the Aldi offers over the years :laugh:

Sixmile

Veteran
@Sixmile - I used to live about 2 miles from there, and know Kelly's well from my student days. Before that it was Portstewart, which is much more civilised by comparison.

It just so happens I'm staying near Castlerock this week so I'm going to cycle over after I finish up work and see if they've anything nice in my size. 😎

Top Bottom