FNRttC 4th September to Whitstable 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisM

Guru
Thanks to everyone for their advice on clothing..probably go for long sleeved cycletop, thin fleece and jacket...I can always remove a item and attach to pannier rack if I get hot :tongue:

Look forward to meeting you on the ride

mike e

ChrisM said:
Thanks to everyone for their advice on clothing..probably go for long sleeved cycletop, thin fleece and jacket...I can always remove a item and attach to pannier rack if I get hot :tongue:

Look forward to meeting you on the ride

Don't get carried away and remove too many items of clothing or there'll be more people looking forward to meeting you.....:biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
AdrianC said:
Is this a goer?
indeed. If memory serves Mike can't make it, so we will probably start a little earlier.

Weather forecast currently too good to be true.......

Adam B
Captain Adam Kirk
Adrian C
Al MacD
Alan B
Alan L
Alastair S
Alina E
Andrea W
Andy A
Andrew A
Andrew T
Andy C
Anthony McC
Barry J
Ben P
Charlotte S
Chris B
Chris T
Claudine C
Clive B
Colin C
Conan H
Dan P
Davy S
Des O'D
Els V
Helen B
Ian S
Isa T
Jack M
Jane D
Jason F
Jo H
John G
User10571 B
Katie C
Katsura I
Kim W
Lee 1010
Lisa C
Louise L
Luke C
Marco C
Martin F
Marilyn
Matt L
Michelle de V
Mick D
Ned L
Nicholas T
Peter W
Richard C
Ruth C
Scott E
Steev D
Stephen B
Stuart A
Tanya G
Tim H
Tim Hall
Tim O
Tony S
Tynan D
Will A-C
William C
Titus H
Peter M
Andrew V
Jack F
Alice M

we're just over the 70 mark, with a couple of old friends to come...and, yes, I ahve been attempting to persuade our semi-official photographer to join us

Tynan

Veteran
New brakes fitted a month after I should have, with the front light held in my teeth and shining through a cloud of mosquitos and midges

Just the lady wife's last minute potential veto to avoid now ...

mike e

Can't wait for this, it should be a classic.....:biggrin::biggrin:

Oh, hang on, is that wedding bells I can hear, ah BOLL**K'S..:sad:

Simon, I am missing the recce as well and also I noticed Pavel at St Pancras last night booking rail tickets, something about a prior engagement in Hull on Saturday...:ohmy:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
got the email missive. not sure how I fit the required rubber to my (disc) brake pads, nor how our great leader will react to the sight of my mudguards which are held on with zip ties.....

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
GregCollins said:
got the email missive. not sure how I fit the required rubber to my (disc) brake pads, nor how our great leader will react to the sight of my mudguards which are held on with zip ties.....
(falls to ground, tears eyes from sockets...........)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
a last-minute recce today with User10571 and Adrian. Well worth the (somewhat wet) effort. New pothole in New Cross. Decision on killer cycle lane in Gravesend. New pothole on the way to Newington.....

weather forecast showing light rain and some cloud, but wind still coming from the west.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
8 to 8.30

What happens is this. The ride keeps more or less together going down to Greenhithe, and then gets spread out, but collects (as in the front riders wait for those at the back) at Gravesend and points east - every three to five miles or so.

Which means that, effectively, we travel at the speed of the slowest. Those of us who want a bit of a burn-up can do some wayfinding - which means coming to the front, and being assigned a junction, at which the wayfinder stands pointing the way, until the Tail End Charlies come along and release him or her. But, as I say, we travel at the speed of the slowest until........leaving Faversham you're let off the leash and you can shoot off to the Waterfront Club in Whitstable as fast as you want. That spreads out the queue for brekky by about 20 minutes. Although some of us do a bit of sheep-spotting. Except there are no sheep. Only cows.

Top Bottom