Five idiots on bikes tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
I have dynamo lights on my commuter bike and it's lovely. Fit and forget.

That said, the last road user I saw with no lights was driving a car, and when I pulled alongside to let him know, was holding a mobile phone to his ear

Hip Priest

Veteran
Those frog lights cost nothing and are so small and flexible they will fit almost anywhere on a bike. Useless for seeing where you are going but at least you can be seen. They can stay full time on your bike because they are not worth stealing. Better still fasten them on your helmet, if you wear one and you will never forget them.

Unless you don't wear a helmet. The safety benefits are unprov....

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Dunno, the more I cycle the more I feel invisible in spite of my umpteen lights.
Drivers seem so distracted, can't trust a driver 100% not to pull out at a junction any time of day.
Just as well the commute is mostly segregated path.
Still, the unlit cyclist on a path can be a hazard.

Those frog lights cost nothing and are so small and flexible they will fit almost anywhere on a bike. Useless for seeing where you are going but at least you can be seen. They can stay full time on your bike because they are not worth stealing. Better still fasten them on your helmet, if you wear one and you will never forget them.

Unless you forget your helmet.

I have dynamo lights on my commuter bike and it's lovely. Fit and forget.

That said, the last road user I saw with no lights was driving a car, and when I pulled alongside to let him know, was holding a mobile phone to his ear
Silly sausage. You couldn't possibly have avoided going into the back of him and killing him outright. If that had happened.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You saw how many cyclists? And nearly ran into some of them? Any intelligent person would have taken the existence of the first non-illuminated cyclist as evidence that non-illuminated cyclists exist and then adapted their driving to take account of that fact. It could be argued that to drive in such a manner as to endanger the safety of the subsequent cyclists could be considered reckless endangerment. Cycling without lights is not yet considered a crime worthy of a death sentence - and in any case you are neither judge nor executioner. How important was your journey? We're your headlights working? Did you manage to avoid crashing into anything else that wasn't lit up? Such as trees. Hedgerows. Sheds. Sheep. The kerb? We're you able to negotiate your way around corners and sh!t?

:rolleyes:

The @mickle does not have a light hearted side. There is no froth and Pimms. Its is pure unalloyed dwarven gumption, with a dislike for fey and unworldly sparkly unicorns dancing on rainbows. Nope, not him.

Everyone knows that only humans can see rainbows because the cones in our retinas are a particular shape.

So how could a unicorn possibly dance on one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom