erm..the things only women do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Auntie Helen said:
I haven't yet managed to find any that match the trike's main colours of black, red and high-vis yellow. Otherwise, yes!

I could knit you some, like the knitted seat covers Ratcatchers have?;)

I have to admit to some colour co-ordination on my Galaxy. I chose the gold Middleburn cable oilers, to match the mudguards. Does that make me girly?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Arch said:
I could knit you some, like the knitted seat covers Ratcatchers have?;)

I have to admit to some colour co-ordination on my Galaxy. I chose the gold Middleburn cable oilers, to match the mudguards. Does that make me girly?

[digression] I've got those, albeit in black. Aren't they brilliant? I think I once offered a set to simoncc to cheer him up. He declined. [/digression]

Arch

Married to Night Train
theclaud said:
[digression] I've got those, albeit in black. Aren't they brilliant? I think I once offered a set to simoncc to cheer him up. He declined. [/digression]

I think they are the closest thing I have to jewellery! Not really had them long enough to tell if there's a lot of benefit, and I'm a bit of a slacker at maintenance anyway, but they are pretty, and easy to use. Still got to fit the gear ones - set the bike up before I got them, and can't face undoing the gear cable just yet....

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Arch said:
I think they are the closest thing I have to jewellery! Not really had them long enough to tell if there's a lot of benefit, and I'm a bit of a slacker at maintenance anyway, but they are pretty, and easy to use. Still got to fit the gear ones - set the bike up before I got them, and can't face undoing the gear cable just yet....

They're ideal for the slacker, as it means you have to remove the cables less often. I did toy with the idea of gold ones, but I have a gold seatpost clamp and I quite like it being the only bit of bling on an otherwise understated mtb...

Arch

Married to Night Train
theclaud said:
They're ideal for the slacker, as it means you have to remove the cables less often. I did toy with the idea of gold ones, but I have a gold seatpost clamp and I quite like it being the only bit of bling on an otherwise understated mtb...

I'm hoping my gold bits are relatively understated - after the effort I had to go to to get gold mudguards - Hilldodger found me two old rear Esge ones, and I cut one down to make a front one. The gold luglining is quite subtle too.

I saw an Ortlieb catalogue at work today, and have realised they do their bags in Hazel, which is a bit like the Carradice barley colour. Oh dear, they would look so good on the red Gal. Oh dear, oh dear.

Sod it, I've got to get Brooks bartape too....

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Arch said:
I'm hoping my gold bits are relatively understated - after the effort I had to go to to get gold mudguards

Gold mudguards? Understated? Blimey - bling is king York these days. I have to confess to being a bit Bonjy about mudguards, gold or otherwise. I didn't manage to outpace the slush off the back wheel today though...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Arch said:
Hmm, theclaud, I fear we might be about to slip into a stereotype.

So, done any good farts recently?

;) Hate to disappoint. But I have chickpeas soaking at home, and a savoy cabbage. Perhaps if I combine them in a single dish they will produce the requisite volume...

Arch

Married to Night Train
theclaud said:
Gold mudguards? Understated? Blimey - bling is king York these days. I have to confess to being a bit Bonjy about mudguards, gold or otherwise. I didn't manage to outpace the slush off the back wheel today though...

Judge for yourself - they aren't all that blingy, and I think red and gold go rather nicely together...

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=988804&postcount=1

(taken before the oilers were installed).

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Blimey it's all getting a bit girly in 'ere all this talk of matching and throws and cushions...scratches, burps and farts to re-address the balance.

Talking of MacB he can probably rival you both re the matching bike bits apparently...

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
theclaud said:
:biggrin:The crucial question, of course, is whether the women with recumbents cover them in scatter cushions.

POTW:biggrin:

I've had such a brain fart (as a woman) .... I thought about taking Aunty Helen to Dunelm to get fitted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom