Dumbed Down, Not Much Of Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pale Rider exit is a surprise as he gave as good as he got. Other than for health reasons (hopefully not), he might have realised that he was alone and it became pointless.

Anyway if you took away his brand of politics and his view of women, he contributed more than his share on other area such as throwing light on law, criminal justice, e-bikes. health procedures and cycling routes. He also took on many other topics, trivial to the difficult.

Wish him the best.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Yes, I mean we've seen what a hard time you get on Cyclechat. It's brave of you to keep turning up, risking your views being challenged and the like https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/vote-one-vote-all-should-mudsticks-be-canonised.262555/

Crivens yes I forgot about all that ...

I had a mini fan club.:wub:

Iirc that was on account of my outstanding forebearance in a particularly trying thread.

Where's my badge, or certificate or whatever.??

Oh there's been plenty of people, that have been unpleasant to me, or challenged my views over the years.

The former is unecessary , the latter I welcome oth, so long as there's some substance to it .

Not just vague generalised insults along the lines of woke lefty liberals.

That's just tedious.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Anyway if you took away his brand of politics and his view of women, he contributed more than his share on other area such as throwing light on law, criminal justice, e-bikes. health procedures and cycling routes. He also took on many other topics, trivial to the difficult.
I'm not sure contributions elsewhere allow us to gloss over misogyny and racism though.

One reason why I don't miss that some "prolific" posters have vanished.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I'm not sure contributions elsewhere allow us to gloss over misogyny and racism though.

One reason why I don't miss that some "prolific" posters have vanished.
They're pretty big things to overlook right enough..
Even if they were 'egged' up for effect.

It's not like a difference of opinion over the merits ,or otherwise of our Kylie.

Having and sharing expertise in one particular field doesnt compensate for being an @rs in others

We can only go by how people present themselves here

And people saying 'oh but they're different in real life' doesn't make it ok either ...

Typifies one of the NACA problems (common to most Internet shouting theatres, to be fair): playing the man not the ball.
You've judged him as one of Them, not Us; not on the same level, morally, as the upstanding members. Gammons, brexiters, tories etc etc ... once they're in the bin, they won't get out.

And yet some claim to give them a fair hearing, to assess their posts objectively, to listen to the evidence. Happy to have a reasoned discussion. Yeah right ...

Typifies one of the NACA problems (common to most Internet shouting theatres, to be fair): playing the man not the ball.
You've judged him as one of Them, not Us; not on the same level, morally, as the upstanding members. Gammons, brexiters, tories etc etc ... once they're in the bin, they won't get out.

And yet some claim to give them a fair hearing, to assess their posts objectively, to listen to the evidence. Happy to have a reasoned discussion. Yeah right ...
....and wonder why there isn't a more varied clientele. 🤣

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Thank you

I'd wondered about that......I suspect that in his contract for services there'll be a small paragraph which absolves him of all liability for passing on dengue fever, black death, Covid and small pox. Let's hope I've only got one of those.

Let's hope so..

Although after the last few years, I'm not taking anything for granted .

Right it's still sunny, done enough work for the day .
The hills are calling :hello:

T4tomo

Legendary Member

You seem to have a lot of in depth info as to how I've judged someone:wacko: I'm also not on the new NACA and only rarely ventured into the old one.

Just to be clear, my point was there is no place for misogyny and racism on this board (or indeed in life in general). It wasn't directed at particular "him". There used to be quite a lot of it, and whether its down to Mods having a word or banning people or posters drifting away, it has reduced of late, which I feel is a good thing.

Its not really clear from your post where you stand on misogyny and racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom