Driving Test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Guru
But if that’s necessary then your driving must not be up to standard.

Has anybody suggested it might be "necessary"?

Though having said that, there are quite a lot of people who get "exam nerves" (not just with driving tests), and don't perform as well as they would in a normal situation. Making things more familiar may help those people.

icowden

Veteran
Congratulations to her :okay:

£150 you say. Both my older kids when passing test bumped premium by nearly £1000 per car

Yeah - I was actually pleasantly surprised - £30 of that £145 was an "administration fee" as well. I was braced for £500 odd. Still, it's done now. No faults as well so kudos to both my daughter and her instructor!

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Well , he passed his test today . His previous resit last month got cancelled on the day ! So managed to grab a cancellation which fitted in with his strict college timetable .
One minor , that was it ! Now for insurance roulette ! Best one has been £3k on. Mazda 2 !!!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Congratulations to MasterGrumpy.

A suggestion: head to a very basic Pug Tepee or similar. Something young people don't drive and is very basic. We paid £1300 fully comp for son no. 2 at 17, without a black box.

icowden

Veteran
He already had a Mazda 2 . He’s 6.3 , not much room in a FIAT 500 :-)
There's more than you think. My neighbour occasionally drives his daughters - he's 6'3 and built like a bouncer and absolutely loves it. Mind you he also likes his Tesla 3 Performance...

stephec

Squire
Aged 17 took my car test, didn’t own a car but borrowed one for the day, passed first time. No lessons but I had become a volunteer assistant as an RAC / ACU motorcycle training outfit on a Sunday morning knowing the Highway Code inside out. .

Did you have a uniform you could wear for the test to try and improve your chances?

My driving instructor knew of a couple of people who wore a nurse's uniform for their test, though he didn't say if it was a kind of begging to say they really needed a licence for work, or they were just hoping that the examiner was a bit kinky. 😂

Top Bottom