Don't go to Scotlandshire - it's 5hite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
It's definitely 5hite up here. I had a little recovery tootle on my hybrid this morning and was forced to look at this.

Photo-shopped, obviously.
This was the original:

428119404_8030ec4fb4_z.jpg

Tin Pot

Guru
Photo-shopped, obviously.
This was the original:

428119404_8030ec4fb4_z.jpg

ROFLMAO!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Loch Earn looks amazing. Would a week's touring around that sort of area be doable/a good idea? Train up to Glasgow maybe, then out Loch Lomond way and on to Loch Earn and...I don't know. Any ideas? Would I be able to find hostels and/or b&bs out that way? I was thinking I'd like to do a bit of touring in Scotland, but that picture's kind of brought things into focus and given me a sort of target. I'd really appreciate any thoughts from anyone who knows the area. Thanks.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
You would love it. The south side of the loch is a bit rough but with your mtb or hybrid it would be fine.
And that's just the women:whistle:..

Loch Earn looks amazing. Would a week's touring around that sort of area be doable/a good idea? Train up to Glasgow maybe, then out Loch Lomond way and on to Loch Earn and...I don't know. Any ideas? Would I be able to find hostels and/or b&bs out that way? I was thinking I'd like to do a bit of touring in Scotland, but that picture's kind of brought things into focus and given me a sort of target. I'd really appreciate any thoughts from anyone who knows the area. Thanks.

I can assure you the west coast of Scotland (and the rest) IS amazing and the islands?....
get yourself here

This is how great Scotland is; email sent today re school sports day tomorrow:
School Sports Day is tomorrow Friday the 12th of June. As the weather has turned warmer please could you ensure that your child has suncream, hat, sunglasses, waterbottle and that they are wearing clothing that will protect them from the sun as they will be outside to the end of the school day. As the weather can be changeable please also make sure they have a rain jacket, clothing for wet weather, and wellies. A wooly hat wouldn't be a bad idea either.

The kids will be knackered carrying all that to school...!!

byegad

Legendary Member
This is how great Scotland is; email sent today re school sports day tomorrow:
School Sports Day is tomorrow Friday the 12th of June. As the weather has turned warmer please could you ensure that your child has suncream, hat, sunglasses, waterbottle and that they are wearing clothing that will protect them from the sun as they will be outside to the end of the school day. As the weather can be changeable please also make sure they have a rain jacket, clothing for wet weather, and wellies. A wooly hat wouldn't be a bad idea either.

The kids will be knackered carrying all that to school...!!

They forgot snow-shoes and a bivouac tent.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
How long will I need? Where should I go? Will I find hostels? Is beer obtainable?
Look at a map..
just for talking..
Glasgow, cycle to Ardrossan, ferry to Arran, circuit of Arran, ferry from Lochranza to the Mull of Kintyre..Cycle to catch the ferry to Islay or Gigha...then head north to Oban..ferry to Craignure..a circuit of Mull, ferry across to Morvern etc etc AND thats not touching the Barra to Stornaway run, the Isle of Skye...the classic climbs of the North west..
Endless possibilities...
Google is your friend

Cons..
The rain
The Midge

Top Bottom