Discrimination and Loss of "freedom of movement" for poor and disabled

Is exclusion and discrimination of the poor and disabled in regards to cycling a serious problem?

• yes

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • no

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • I am ignorant on the issue (lack of knowledge, not dumb)

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • your trolling

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • your not trolling

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • They are a danger and should not be allowed (for what ever reason)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I never knew I was discriminating by "exclusion"

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don't want them cycling and think you need to be silenced

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • please educate me

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • TMI (if this is your selection please PM as to why)

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I've two mecanical NHS arms.
A bog standard one as my everyday arm.
And a stripped down one, willout the strap and pullies which work the split hook, as my cycling arm.
There's a ball on the end of my left handle bar which the socket on the arm fits over, to give me control when I'm waving at traffic. Both brakes and back shifter are worked by the right hand, front shifter is under my heels.
My helmet off to you in respect!
Wonder if your post will inspire DR. I certainly am inspired by you to improve my signalling, no more excuses of being scared of not controlling the bike from now on!

classic33

Leg End Member
My helmet off to you in respect!
Wonder if your post will inspire DR. I certainly am inspired by you to improve my signalling, no more excuses of being scared of not controlling the bike from now on!
What he said.

Pat "5mph"

Anyway, to keep on topic, was thinking about DR yesterday, on my commute to work.
It was raining heavily. I was riding down this industrial estate to avoid the dual carriage way along it.
Slowly coming up the way, on a shared path I don't normally take because you need to stop too many times at junctions, was a gent in a disabled 4 wheeled little how you call it, completely waterproofed (I hope for him!) by a raincover.
I wondered where he started off, as the nearest houses are about 2 miles away from that spot. I wondered how long the journey to the shops would take him (only 5 min for me on my bike), I wondered how he managed the water filled potholes, the wind, the traffic he would have to face further on when the path stops.
I wondered what his disability was, he did not look old enough to be just frail, if you know what I mean.
I wondered how he could see with the rain pelting down, how he could hear the traffic inside his plastic covered vehicle.
I wondered if he thought, before setting off, "sod this rain is never gonna stop, I'm going out ..."
I gave him a big smile, silently wishing him a safe trip: he must have thought I'm slightly :wacko:

Pat "5mph"

Did you all read this?
There's a guy on the video that, like DR, cannot walk far, he seems to be cycling everywhere and enjoying every bit of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom