Discrimination and Loss of "freedom of movement" for poor and disabled

Is exclusion and discrimination of the poor and disabled in regards to cycling a serious problem?

• yes

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • no

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • I am ignorant on the issue (lack of knowledge, not dumb)

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • your trolling

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • your not trolling

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • They are a danger and should not be allowed (for what ever reason)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I never knew I was discriminating by "exclusion"

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don't want them cycling and think you need to be silenced

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • please educate me

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • TMI (if this is your selection please PM as to why)

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Feel sorry for poster 666. Soon as they press reply, a hell mouth will open up on there computer screen and sucked them into a world of pain, fear and torment......Ok, ok...the cue at the local post office on pension day:whistle:
Is that what they use round you're way to keep them in line?
I think so. I can still make calls useing it and my provider has not sent the police round. :smile:
There's not a lot they can do, its built into the system & cannot be removed. Newer phones don't have this facility listed, but its still there, if you know where to look.

45 to go!

Oldspice

Is that what they use round you're way to keep them in line?

There's not a lot they can do, its built into the system & cannot be removed. Newer phones don't have this facility listed, but its still there, if you know where to look.

45 to go!

Told you my spelling will still be off:wacko: :laugh:

PS Thanks for making me laugh:smile:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I also need you, to understand, that my intelligence is much higher than by grammar.

Don't under sell yourself D.R. yo're intelligence isn't just high...its genius. After all you've managed to generate over 30 pages of comment from us lot over what appears to be a relatively straight forward set of questions.

That takes talent!

I have to admit that I stopped reading after page 10 and skipped to your last post. What is clear to me is that you have a set of issues in your neighbourhood that you want to solve. This is admirable. What is also clear is that for one reason or another you have a particular set of challenges that makes solving these issues very tricky. I sympathise. I wish I could offer some constructive assistance but I'm at a loss as to where to begin. I also though of attempting to summarise your posts in the hope that it may help to state your case, and in return gain some advice. But...and I'm being honest here...its just so time consuming.

And I think this is the nub of the problem.

Communicating with and for you...is hard work. As such getting your point across clearly and relatively concisely, whilst not alienating your audience if what is keeping you back.

Is there any way that you could enlist the assistance of an some form of advocate to simplify your thoughts and help communicate them on your behalf.

I apologise if this sounds belittling. I don't mean it to, I know you are intelligent enough to know what you want to say, its just that the bit that involves getting it out of your head, is a little messed up.

If my suggestion is offensive, I apologise...but my advice is focus on the objective not the path.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
The whole 666 thing is under debate anyway among historians and theologians. Many of the older latin copies of Revalations 13:18 say that the number is 612 (in that case that post is already in bother) but as most people believe the whole 666 thing anyway, the latin version is largely ignored, why let an older version of the Book of Revelation get in the way of a good story. Another theory is that the number, according to much older translations of the Book of Relelation, of the beast is 216 . 6 x 6 x 6.

Always makes me smile that everyone is so wary of the whole 666 thing but then say that they have no belief in God, the Devil or have never read the Bible anyway. So in that case, why do people worry so much about it.

classic33

Leg End Member
The whole 666 thing is under debate anyway among historians and theologians. Many of the older latin copies of Revalations 13:18 say that the number is 612 (in that case that post is already in bother) but as most people believe the whole 666 thing anyway, the latin version is largely ignored, why let an older version of the Book of Revelation get in the way of a good story. Another theory is that the number, according to much older translations of the Book of Relelation, of the beast is 216 . 6 x 6 x 6.

Always makes me smile that everyone is so wary of the whole 666 thing but then say that they have no belief in God, the Devil or have never read the Bible anyway. So in that case, why do people worry so much about it.

I was poster 612!!
Longshot was 216

Book of Relelation
Is that a recently found, never before printed part of the bible!

Longshot

Longshot was 216!

I'm a bigger disciple of Iron Maiden (or Vincent Price) than some stuffy old Latin Scholars or theologians so I'm sticking to 666. I'll keep an eye on the floor though, just in case!!

Do you have a prosthetic arm? (genuine question, BTW - my ex's step-father had his own factory in Stockholm making all kinds of prosthetics: it was one of the most advanced in Europe).
I've two mecanical NHS arms.
A bog standard one as my everyday arm.
And a stripped down one, willout the strap and pullies which work the split hook, as my cycling arm.
There's a ball on the end of my left handle bar which the socket on the arm fits over, to give me control when I'm waving at traffic. Both brakes and back shifter are worked by the right hand, front shifter is under my heels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom