Discrimination and Loss of "freedom of movement" for poor and disabled

Is exclusion and discrimination of the poor and disabled in regards to cycling a serious problem?

• yes

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • no

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • I am ignorant on the issue (lack of knowledge, not dumb)

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • your trolling

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • your not trolling

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • They are a danger and should not be allowed (for what ever reason)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I never knew I was discriminating by "exclusion"

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don't want them cycling and think you need to be silenced

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • please educate me

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • TMI (if this is your selection please PM as to why)

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
We're you aware that at the height of the UFO sightings, accross the US in the mid 80's, Peter Moller of flying car fame was employed by Lockheed at their Skunk Works?
Telephone number, from the UK, is 001 8055724163. Just give them my name when you call, they know me.

Moss

I do often find that I am discriminated against by my wife who has on more that one occasion laughed at me while in full lycra, does that count?

On the other hand my eldest daughter (4) has seen me in said lycra gear and said "you look cool daddy", which I know I don't. I don't think she is old enough to grasp irony, so I am wondering if she is discriminating against me or me her? Too much to comprehend.

Cycling on the other hand, I have found to be a very inclusive past time. Other cyclists have always seemed very encouraging and supportive of newbies, be they rich, poor, fit or otherwise. I do find it transcends many barriers and think that the world is a better place for it.

Well said Matt,
I've just come across this thread; and at first wondered why would anyone discriminate aginst a disability of any kind, I mean, life for able bodied people can sometimes be difficult, let alone those who find themselves with disabling problems to overcome.
I stand in awe of anyone with a disability who gets out there and does the best they can; and would encourage others to follow their actions.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well said Matt,
I've just come across this thread; and at first wondered why would anyone discriminate aginst a disability of any kind, I mean, life for able bodied people can sometimes be difficult, let alone those who find themselves with disabling problems to overcome.
I stand in awe of anyone with a disability who gets out there and does the best they can; and would encourage others to follow their actions.
I know you're new to this thread, but you are not allowed to say things like that without the OP's permission!

Oldspice

Well said Matt,

Are you sure you want people to follow the OP's actions?

Oldspice

He might be using that tunnel(post 310, about half way down) he talked about a while back. You'll have to get the building its coming from covered.

You mean he fills his trousers with soil so no one suspects him, then travels along the pavement shaking it out?

Reminds me of a certain film:whistle:

Oldspice

I think that this has gone the way of the other forums he's posted on. He's been unable to get more than token support & he'll stop posting. Although he's not logged on, he's watching.
Cameras are not the only means of keeping an eye/track on someone.
http://www.tysknews.com/Depts/Big_Brother/echelon_spy_in_the_sky.htm

Oldspice I don't think Moss has read this from the start, should we make it a requirement for new posters on here!

I think you'd be up for 'human rights infringement'

classic33

Leg End Member
I think you'd be up for 'human rights infringement'
Well if he starts at the beginning see how far he gets. Then at least he can say "I tried".

classic33

Leg End Member
One thing that I can't understand is the last answer on the list he gave. TMI(if this is your selection please PM as to why). He's admitted he can't work out how that bit is done, so, if we were to PM him what would the point be, he'd never be able to read them!

Oldspice

Maybe he's outside your window....watching....and waiting:ohmy:

112199_df580df82dbba4de5901b94f83981d83.jpg

If you can hear wheels squeaking, it's to late:eek:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Never intended to give mis-leading information.

Ok, if you're speaking of your own particular circumstances, although it still strikes me as unusual that you've been given a blanket ban on flying, grand mal seizures or otherwise.

What concerned me was that others may read (as Trail Child did) that your comments were applicable to everyone with epilepsy.

I was also concerned in relation to your mention of restraint methods when it is definitely not recommended to attempt to restrain someone suffering a seizure. Nor is there any need for immediate medical intervention unless it is known to be the person's first seizure.

I realise you'll be familiar with the following so I post it solely to dispel any misconceptions others may hold regarding how to react to someone having a seizure.
----------------------------------------------
If you see a person having a seizure..
DO
Protect the person from injury - (remove harmful objects from nearby)
Cushion his head
Look for an epilepsy identity card or identity jewellery
Aid breathing by gently placing him in the recovery position once the seizure has finished
Stay with the person until recovery is complete
Be calmly reassuring
DO NOT
Restrain the person’s movements
Put anything in the person’s mouth
Try to move the person unless he is in danger
Give him anything to eat or drink until he is fully recovered
Attempt to bring him round
Call an ambulance if:
You know it is the person’s first seizure
The seizure continues for more than five minutes
One tonic-clonic seizure follows another without the person regaining consciousness between seizures
The person is injured during the seizure
You believe the person needs urgent medical attention
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apologies to DR and others for temporarily hijacking the thread.

GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom