Cycling Photo Challenge - Entries and Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I went for a short ride along a section of the Taunton-Bridgwater Canal (NCN 3) this afternoon. The light was soft and gentle and it made for a peaceful break in a very much non-peaceful day.

There are a lot of memorial benches along the length of the canal path and I spotted this fresh tribute on one:
IMG_6311 (800x450).jpg

Rather than simply turn the bike around and come home, I did a bit of a loop by leaving the path in one of the villages and doing a bit on the road before rejoining the canal path in the opposite direction. This was the view of the canal and the path, taken from the bridge above it:
IMG_6321 (800x441).jpg

potsy

Rambler
Very nice :thumbsup:

BlueDog

Veteran
@Bluedog - was that today ... it certainly brightened up this afternoon, I took some today as well in the lovely light - though on a different path. Mad doing it on a unicycle though!

@r80 - err interesting method of keeping your speed down!!!

Erm, it wasn't quite today, it was a few days ago, a bit earlier in the week.... well Sunday to be honest. And I've just realised the subject was chosen on Monday - Doh!

Maybe I should change my name to 'the soothsayer':smile: Or maybe I'm just too honest for my own good:sad:.......

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I like the way it has captured a bit of the bench and the view beyond ... the only thing I wanted to know @coffeejo was that the way the bench faced or the view over the back of the bench?
It was the view from the back of the bench, which faces the canal and the fields rising gently above it. I'd love to say it was an artistic decision in order to capture the autumnal colours of the hedge but the reality is that the sun was directly behind the bench and I thought that the bouquet (and the love it obviously represents) deserves more attention than becoming a silhouette.

potsy

Rambler
It was the view from the back of the bench, which faces the canal and the fields rising gently above it. I'd love to say it was an artistic decision in order to capture the autumnal colours of the hedge but the reality is that the sun was directly behind the bench and I thought that the bouquet (and the love it obviously represents) deserves more attention than becoming a silhouette.
Looks like a lucky shot to me :whistle:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Erm, it wasn't quite today, it was a few days ago, a bit earlier in the week.... well Sunday to be honest. And I've just realised the subject was chosen on Monday - Doh!
Sorry I shouldn't have asked - it was more a comment about how today had ended very nicely.

Top Bottom