Chain Rotation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I would like to ask the OP what they hope to achieve by rotating chains?

Alex321

Guru
I would like to ask the OP what they hope to achieve by rotating chains?

If I was waxing rather than using a regular type f chain lube, then I would.

If you have say 4 chains, then you wax them all to start. Then the next three times the chain reaches the point of needing rewaxing, you just swap for one of the axed ones. Then you can wax three at once, and repeat the process.

As I'm not using waxing, I don't rotate chains at all, I just swap out for a new one when the chain measurement tool says it is too worn, and scrap the old one.

screenman

Legendary Member
If I was waxing rather than using a regular type f chain lube, then I would.

If you have say 4 chains, then you wax them all to start. Then the next three times the chain reaches the point of needing rewaxing, you just swap for one of the axed ones. Then you can wax three at once, and repeat the process.

As I'm not using waxing, I don't rotate chains at all, I just swap out for a new one when the chain measurement tool says it is too worn, and scrap the old one.

That did not answer my question. Why would you want to rotate chains?

Alex321

Guru
That did not answer my question. Why would you want to rotate chains?

Can you tell me in what way "If you have say 4 chains, then you wax them all to start. Then the next three times the chain reaches the point of needing rewaxing, you just swap for one of the axed ones. Then you can wax three at once, and repeat the process." was somehow not answering the question?

It might not be an answer as to why YOU might want to, but that wasn't what you asked.

Top Bottom