Scotland : Dumfries & Galloway CC Ecosse Langholm Border Raid 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Couldn't sort out transport, so I ended up signing up for the Braveheart ride.

I hope you have a good ride. Maybe next time pick a starting point that's easier to get to by train?

Fubar

Guru
I may also have to give this one a miss, having clutch/gear-change problems with the car so I'm going to book it into the garage - it is drivable, but I'm thinking a 2 hour trip to/from langholm might not be advisable. Have a good ride everyone, sorry to pull out so late in the day.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:thumbsdown: dropping like flies ...
Those still going - have a great ride, and make sure you take some photos of the autumn colours for those of us not able to come along :cry:

T

OP
OP
MikeW-71

MikeW-71

Veteran
Well, in the end, 4 of us did half the ride. The weather looked very dodgy at that point with winds supposed to get very strong and heavy rain coming. We decided to leave the second half and go and get some cake :hungry: and a coffee and have a good chat.

Afterwards, the wind hadn't got up, and the rain had not arrived, so we might have been OK... typical! :laugh:

Great day out though and nice to meet a new face. I'll see if there is any opportunity for a shortish ride in the winter, might be more of a spur-of-the-moment thing. We shall see.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Good to hear you prioritized the important part of the ride :laugh:

Any pictures?

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Well, in the end, 4 of us did half the ride. The weather looked very dodgy at that point with winds supposed to get very strong and heavy rain coming. We decided to leave the second half and go and get some cake :hungry: and a coffee and have a good chat.

Afterwards, the wind hadn't got up, and the rain had not arrived, so we might have been OK... typical! :laugh:

Great day out though and nice to meet a new face. I'll see if there is any opportunity for a shortish ride in the winter, might be more of a spur-of-the-moment thing. We shall see.

:thumbsup:
We need a proper write-up a la @Pat "5mph" ! Can we bribe one of the intrepid four with some virtual cake? :hungry:
The roads & views in the video look great (odd potholes aside) ... Fingers crossed for a 3rd run - could we do something similar/part of the route from Carlisle (train station start), as suggested earlier?

T

OP
OP
MikeW-71

MikeW-71

Veteran
could we do something similar/part of the route from Carlisle (train station start), as suggested earlier?
Yes it can be done. I have plotted a loop from Carlisle round to Gretna, then to Langholm and back to Carlisle from the English side, though it works out at a good 60 miles + so that would be a summer ride ideally. I have a shorter 48 miler too and also a 40 mile route visiting Hadrians Wall, both of those would be do-able in winter on a good day.

Top Bottom