Scotland : Ayrshire & Arran CC Arran Cycle - Sat 6th July 2013

Which Route will you do?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I, too need to be trained to British Cycle standard 1 level**, so am not available to join you on your sunny jaunt :rain: round Arran - 'Scotland in miniature'.

Have a lovely day and eat lots of CAKE ! :hungry:

**I might even be awarded something :hyper: - if I'm good enough :unsure:

oh dear ... it's a small world ... :wacko:
Seriously, are you signed up for this, too? :wahhey:(will have to work extra hard to not lapse from "best behaviour" then :tongue:)
Do you think bringing cake would count as bribery?

Back on topic ... Col - yes, Arran is very photogenic, you'll definitely need to stop frequently to admire the scenery ... and also to take photos of your fellow CCers enjoying the climbing :thumbsup:

Must plan a gentle East or Midlothian ride some time soon, for those just thinking about joining in for their first CC Ecosse ride - rather than the mountain goat outings for the fast boys!

T

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Suggest a gentle ride we can all take part in @Telemark :smile:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Contrary to my gut, not a big fan of cake :smile: will have a think re gentler routes and maybe set something up that suits all, with restraints set up for you speed merchants.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Why do I have a job which involves working EVERY weekend (unless I take holidays)? :sad:

Would like to join you on this ride (and others), but need to earn a crust.

Fubar

Guru
oh dear ... it's a small world ... :wacko:
Seriously, are you signed up for this, too? :wahhey:(will have to work extra hard to not lapse from "best behaviour" then :tongue:)
Do you think bringing cake would count as bribery?

Back on topic ... Col - yes, Arran is very photogenic, you'll definitely need to stop frequently to admire the scenery ... and also to take photos of your fellow CCers enjoying the climbing :thumbsup:

Must plan a gentle East or Midlothian ride some time soon, for those just thinking about joining in for their first CC Ecosse ride - rather than the mountain goat outings for the fast boys!

T

Option 2 is intended as a gentle and sociable ride suitable for (almost) all, if there are any mountains there will be no goats climbing them! Unless they are already on Arran. 55 miles is never to be sniffed at, but we have all day... :wahhey:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Option 2 is intended as a gentle and sociable ride suitable for (almost) all, if there are any mountains there will be no goats climbing them! Unless they are already on Arran. 55 miles is never to be sniffed at, but we have all day... :wahhey:

Couldnt have said it better myself :thumbsup:

Tbh every CC ride i have been on is done in a gentle relaxed pace, so relaxed it took us about 7 hrs to cycle 50 miles on the glasgow cc ride :laugh:

Fubar

Guru
Bumping this for any other interested parties.

MikeW-71

Veteran
I'm up for this too, as long as you don't mind an Englishman tagging along :smile:

I met up with clockhammer on a sportive at Langholm and he pointed me this way, looks like a lovely ride. I still need to make sure I can get the day off work, so I'm a maybe at the moment, but I choose Option 2.

Fingers crossed!

Fubar

Guru
I'm up for this too, as long as you don't mind an Englishman tagging along :smile:

I met up with clockhammer on a sportive at Langholm and he pointed me this way, looks like a lovely ride. I still need to make sure I can get the day off work, so I'm a maybe at the moment, but I choose Option 2.

Fingers crossed!

Just so long as you don't talk about cricket all day... ;)

You will be most welcome if you can make it, hopefully see you there! Regards, Mark

Fubar

Guru

Fingers crossed!

Or Nineteen Sixty bloody Six! :cry:

Reactions: GBC
Top Bottom