Scotland : Ayrshire & Arran CC Arran Cycle - Sat 6th July 2013

Which Route will you do?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Didn't your mrs give u enough grief on the phone on the ferry? Hope you have permission!

I'll need to check :laugh:

I'm dead last on that segment, over 2hrs to do 5.4 miles :laugh:

Unlucky Ed, we will just need to go back and to Arran again :wahhey:

GBC

Veteran
Cheers Rasmus, I'm staying over at the hotel my folks are at for their anniversary holiday (on a camp-bed in their room) Quite lucky they happened to be on the island at the same time... I don't know if it was just before my crash, but I had a look on the Garmin (which survived without a scratch!) and my top speed for the ride was 80.89 km/h :ohmy: Regardless, I have no idea how I haven't broken anything other than the front of my bike! :smile:

Glad to hear your OK Ross, but I bet you're a lot sorer today than you were on Saturday^_^...always seems to take a day or two to kick in.
Anyway, looking forward to seeing you on the next outing, at which time I'll square you up for the tube you gave me:smile:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru

Glad to hear your OK Ross, but I bet you're a lot sorer today than you were on Saturday^_^...always seems to take a day or two to kick in.
Anyway, looking forward to seeing you on the next outing, at which time I'll square you up for the tube you gave me:smile:

Yeah, I'm feeling it today... just cuts, bruises and a sore head, but mostly 'okay'. Still not entirely sure what happened, I think the wind blew me towards the left of the road and then I couldn't steer away from the ditch. All I know for certain is I was very lucky! Thanks for your help after the crash, I wasn't quite all there at the time and I know my folks appreciated it too!

Hopefully I'll be there next time, once I've got the bike sorted! ^_^

D

Deleted member 20519

Yeah, I'm feeling it today... just cuts, bruises and a sore head, but mostly 'okay'. Still not entirely sure what happened, I think the wind blew me towards the left of the road and then I couldn't steer away from the ditch. All I know for certain is I was very lucky! Thanks for your help after the crash, I wasn't quite all there at the time and I know my folks appreciated it too!

Hopefully I'll be there next time, once I've got the bike sorted! ^_^

What's the damage to the bike like?

Well, it's still on Arran with my parents - but from memory, it has bent gear levers (one of which was straightened at the scene), a b*ggered front wheel and I think GBC thought the frame may be damaged (form the fact that the paint was wrinkled at the top of the top-tube)

D

Deleted member 20519

Well, it's still on Arran with my parents - but from memory, it has bent gear levers (one of which was straightened at the scene), a b*ggered front wheel and I think GBC thought the frame may be damaged (form the fact that the paint was wrinkled at the top of the top-tube)

Decathlon say that they'll cover the frame for 5 years and moving parts for 2, I'm not sure if that will apply if it's not 'natural' damage. It's worth calling and asking them. I know that when I broke my shifter, they charged me £60 for it.

I reckon the shifters just need straightened (by undoing the hex nut under the hood covers), I wouldn't want to risk riding on a possibly cracked frame though.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Having looked at those bikes in store, they tend to have quite a large weld which I think was mistook for cracking. Take a look in store on online at one and see how it compares.

Re your shifter, t looked pretty similar to damage I had earlier, Rasmus can pull that out for you

Top Bottom