Scotland : Ayrshire & Arran CC Arran Cycle - Sat 6th July 2013

Which Route will you do?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
3 hours 4 minutes is my best time for round the island but I believe the 'record' is about 2.5 hours! Not in any way boasting here but a more leisurely circuit of the island shouldn't take any more than 4.5 hours

Anyway have a good day out and I hope the weather gods are kind to you.

We have been known to take about 6 hrs to do 50 miles before so anything can happen :laugh:

GBC

Veteran
3 hours 4 minutes is my best time for round the island but I believe the 'record' is about 2.5 hours! Not in any way boasting here but a more leisurely circuit of the island shouldn't take any more than 4.5 hours

Anyway have a good day out and I hope the weather gods are kind to you.

I did a run with similar mileage and elevation last weekend and managed it in about 4.5 hours, not including two 10-15 minute breaks. I'm usually the tail gunner, so it's definitely achievable for us, though as Colin said, we can never legislate for mechanicals....particularly with all these squeaks and clicks that we seem to be sharing.
Met Office now has a sunny morning, and overcast in the afternoon with a 20% chance of rain......as they always seem to give a 'worst case' outlook these days, we may well be lucky. Think I'll stick with the 'longs' though, as the old knees suffer badly in cooler weather:smile:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
I did a run with similar mileage and elevation last weekend and managed it in about 4.5 hours, not including two 10-15 minute breaks. I'm usually the tail gunner, so it's definitely achievable for us, though as Colin said, we can never legislate for mechanicals....particularly with all these squeaks and clicks that we seem to be sharing.
Met Office now has a sunny morning, and overcast in the afternoon with a 20% chance of rain......as they always seem to give a 'worst case' outlook these days, we may well be lucky. Think I'll stick with the 'longs' though, as the old knees suffer badly in cooler weather:smile:

I'm taking all my kit in the car and deciding what to wear when i get there :laugh: Did a test run on my bike last night and it seems to be back to normal, even gave it a wash so its looking its best :whistle:

Reactions: GBC

Your definition of leisurely differs quite considerably from mine then! :laugh: My clockwise lap record was 3:52:57 and that whilst going baws-to-the-wa' - I only stopped once for about 10 minutes to take on supplies.

Are you doing any stretching before you ride or when it gets painful?

Probably not nearly as much as I should tbh... Feels ok today, so going for a short ride this afternoon before the Murray match starts at Wimbledon to pick up a few bits and bobs from Dales (second bottle cage and possibly a saddle-bag).

Hopefully I'll be fit for tomorrow! :bicycle:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Up to date list:

Attending
1.Col5632
2.Edwardoka
3.Rasmus
4.Tug Benson
5.Louch
6.Fubar
7.GBC
8.GlasgowFinn (The Cappuccino Kid)
9.Harry_Palmer79
10.MikeW-71
11.Shooglydougie

Maybe Attending
1.Jazloc
2.Honestman1910

Not Attending
1.Seamab
2.Fuzzball
3.Mr Messy
4.Edindave
5.Clockhammer

clockhammer

just want to add that you are a bunch of fe**ers, I'm really jealous and annoyed at being ill, you could have postponed the whole thing so I could make it:wacko: .

I'm missing a CC Ecosse ride whilst an Englishman is managing to make it arrgghhh. Naa seriously have a good one everyone, look after MikeW-71, he is a good guy to ride with and he has good taste in bikes ;-)

We doing this again next month?

clockhammer

cheers Louch, you got your pedals sorted? you unclipping on time?

I would have laughed about cycling around west lothian a little while ago, I have been all over now and there are some real nice places to cycle, I have just never taken the time to look. :-)

Top Bottom