Scotland : Ayrshire & Arran CC Arran Cycle - Sat 6th July 2013

Which Route will you do?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clockhammer

Have you tried unclipping at 6 o'clock instead of 12 o'clock? not strictly the right way but it can be easier.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Naa seriously have a good one everyone, look after MikeW-71, he is a good guy to ride with and he has good taste in bikes ;-)

We doing this again next month?
Aww, thanks :smile: I still feel a little guilty for slowing you down on the Langholm ride, you were flying up the hills compared to me.

I'm certainly up for another one, I'll have to return the favour and come up with a route down at this end :smile:

clockhammer

Aww, thanks :smile: I still feel a little guilty for slowing you down on the Langholm ride, you were flying up the hills compared to me.

I'm certainly up for another one, I'll have to return the favour and come up with a route down at this end :smile:

naa mate, we were well matched, you had the downhills nailed, good match. We will do the Langholm route again, perhaps invite some of the CC Ecosse boys?

MikeW-71

Veteran
naa mate, we were well matched, you had the downhills nailed, good match. We will do the Langholm route again, perhaps invite some of the CC Ecosse boys?
Sounds like a plan, it was a great route and I still have it saved. Girls welcome too :biggrin:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Have a great time tomorrow!

Last time we went around Arran, we took about 5 1/2 hours (odo time) on hybrids with overnight panniers, so it should take you guys a lot less time without luggage :thumbsup:.
Our trip was spread over 2 days including the train & ferry from and to Edinburgh, exploring all over the island, starting at Wooley's of Arran in Brodick (excellent baking! :hungry: ), a wee diversion via the Kildonan Wall etc (you need to do this uphill :laugh:), Blackwaterfoot beach & caves, Machrie Moor stone circles, Lochranza castle, seal watching, cheese tasting at the cheese factory... :hungry:

T

D

Deleted member 20519

Hope you're all having a great time! The weather is fantastic here, what's it like on Arran?

Top Bottom