Scotland : Ayrshire & Arran CC Arran Cycle - Sat 6th July 2013

Which Route will you do?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Its looking more likley that I will be able to make this, is there room for one more?

Of course, I was actually wondering this morning if you were on the list to go over with us or not :laugh:

This seems to be the last list i made on the thread, hope its up to date :laugh:

Attending
1.Col5632 - Option 1
2.Edwardoka - Option 2
3.Rasmus - Option 1
4.Tug Benson - Option 1
5.Edindave - Option 1
6.Louch - Option 2
7.Clockhammer - Option 2
8.Fubar - Option 2
9.GBC - Option 2
10.The Cappuccino Kid - Option 2
11.Harry_Palmer79 - Option 2
12.MikeW-71 - Option 2
13.Shooglydougie - Option 2?

Maybe Attending
1.Fuzzball
2.Mr Messy
3.Jazloc
4.Honestman1910

Not Attending
1.Seamab

I'm still planning on being there, complete with the number of Lamlash cabs should there be a need!

Are there any plans on where to meet up? I'm planning on driving to Ardrossan but as I don't know anyone it would be handy to have a meet up point. I could end up cycling round with the wrong bunch!

Has anyone done this ride before? I only ask because I'm not sure if there's anywhere to change, or hide shoes etc. Any thoughts?

Cheers guys. I'm looking forward to meeting you if a tad nervous about the ride!

I'm still planning on being there, complete with the number of Lamlash cabs should there be a need!

Are there any plans on where to meet up? I'm planning on driving to Ardrossan but as I don't know anyone it would be handy to have a meet up point. I could end up cycling round with the wrong bunch!

Has anyone done this ride before? I only ask because I'm not sure if there's anywhere to change, or hide shoes etc. Any thoughts?

Cheers guys. I'm looking forward to meeting you if a tad nervous about the ride!
I believe there's an area in Brodick terminal building where you can leave luggage, but no lockers.
As for changing, there are toilets in the terminal building and a coffee shop (Copperwheat) 100 yards from the terminal.

I believe the plan is for us all to get the same ferry and as more than a few of us have met up before we'll doubtless congregate by the slipway while waiting to board the ferry. :smile:

You could get us on train at croy and travel down from there?

I do quite fancy that idea but I'm not convinced about Scotrail's ability to take more than a couple of bikes. How many are travelling?

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Of course, I was actually wondering this morning if you were on the list to go over with us or not :laugh:

This seems to be the last list i made on the thread, hope its up to date :laugh:

Attending
1.Col5632 - Option 1
2.Edwardoka - Option 2
3.Rasmus - Option 1
4.Tug Benson - Option 1
5.Edindave - Option 1
6.Louch - Option 2
7.Clockhammer - Option 2
8.Fubar - Option 2
9.GBC - Option 2
10.The Cappuccino Kid - Option 2
11.Harry_Palmer79 - Option 2
12.MikeW-71 - Option 2
13.Shooglydougie - Option 2?

Maybe Attending
1.Fuzzball
2.Mr Messy
3.Jazloc

Not Attending
1.Seamab

Possible attendee me if my car is back on the road by Friday

Jen5656

Cycled often in Arran but mostly north of island as the climb into Lamlash was tooooo much for me and had to walk a good bit. Fine into Whiting Bay though and views are stunning.

If you did start from northern part you may have had bit of time to visit Holy Isle but no bikes allowed on isle although there is very little crime so I'm sure bikes would be safe.

Don't know about nudist beach but check the island's coastline on return ferry trip and see if you can make out what's locally known as the sleeping warrior.

As per previous advice...get to ferry terminal as early as possible as terminal is always busy with cyclists.
I would nominate someone to buy everyone's ticket,save a lot of time.
Enjoy

Top Bottom