Scotland : Ayrshire & Arran CC Arran Cycle - Sat 6th July 2013

Which Route will you do?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
dress appropriate for the weather, than let it dictate what you do. otherwise you wake up to rain net weekend and stay in your pit.

to paraphrase, you cant be half a cyclist.

D

Deleted member 20519

dress appropriate for the weather, than let it dictate what you do. otherwise you wake up to rain net weekend and stay in your pit.

to paraphrase, you cant be half a cyclist.

Oh yes I can!

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
get making the most of your school holidays then, 20 + miles a day until Wednesday will let you know if your ready for 60 Saturday. I have done just under 300 miles over last 4 weeks and im still doubting how I will get on on Arran

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I have done just under 300 miles over last 4 weeks and im still doubting how I will get on on Arran

Thou shalt be fine :thumbsup:... go at a sustainable pace and stop frequently for photos (for the benefit of those of us who can't make 6th July, in case someone is trying to hurry you along ;) ) and occasionally for cake and ice cream :hungry:

T

GBC

Veteran
get making the most of your school holidays then, 20 + miles a day until Wednesday will let you know if your ready for 60 Saturday. I have done just under 300 miles over last 4 weeks and im still doubting how I will get on on Arran

You're not the only one Louch. Like you, I've been putting in the miles recently, but 56 miles with 4000 feet of climbing isn't to be laughed at, not until we're on the boat back anyway. I've got a 45 mile run with 3000 feet lined up for tomorrow, and if that goes well, I'll be a lot more confident, otherwise I might remember an important and unmissable appointment:rolleyes:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
You're not the only one Louch. Like you, I've been putting in the miles recently, but 56 miles with 4000 feet of climbing isn't to be laughed at, not until we're on the boat back anyway. I've got a 45 mile run with 3000 feet lined up for tomorrow, and if that goes well, I'll be a lot more confident, otherwise I might remember an important and unmissable appointment:rolleyes:

good luck with that tomorrow :smile: If I can stand on boat back never mind laugh I will be pleased

Reactions: GBC
D

Deleted member 20519

I've plotted a 28 mile route, going to leave at 12ish and I'm aiming to do it in under 2 hours - I hope the rain stays off but knowing Scotland... :rain::rolleyes:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Good luck

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Wee update from me.....

Had the wheel in at stirling cycle repairs, wheel is not damaged at all, slightly off true which they fixed, just fitted a new tyre so will see how it goes, the bike is in on Wednesday to get the clicking fixed, fingers crossed I should make this ride, fitness might be a bit questionable as I haven't been out all this week and last week when I was up at St. Andrews with the girlfriend I ate to much and drank to much, and I only done 100 mile that week on the bike......shame indeed

edindave

Über Member
Wee update from me.....

Had the wheel in at stirling cycle repairs, wheel is not damaged at all, slightly off true which they fixed, just fitted a new tyre so will see how it goes, the bike is in on Wednesday to get the clicking fixed, fingers crossed I should make this ride, fitness might be a bit questionable as I haven't been out all this week and last week when I was up at St. Andrews with the girlfriend I ate to much and drank to much, and I only done 100 mile that week on the bike......shame indeed

Did you get any feedback on the cause of the recurring punctures/tyre failures?

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
hit a problem with my bike, chain is slipping/snagging every 5th rotation of the pedals, and my LBS is busy until next weekend with folk with clicking pedals.........started 40 miles in, last 20 home where hell.....then i logged my garmin to find its cut off half of Cleish hill. HR of near on 200 or no segment! proper rage

Top Bottom