Scotland : Ayrshire & Arran CC Arran Cycle - Sat 6th July 2013

Which Route will you do?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In any case, my partner's cousin is the KOM on this segment, and I badly need to beat him (going to a wedding this weekend and I will doubtless drunkenly profess my intent to do so)

I don't suppose any of you fancy helping out with a pace line for that stretch? :biggrin:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
In any case, my partner's cousin is the KOM on this segment, and I badly need to beat him (going to a wedding this weekend and I will doubtless drunkenly profess my intent to do so)

I don't suppose any of you fancy helping out with a pace line for that stretch? :biggrin:

Averaging that kinda speed over 5 miles is out of my reach me thinks :laugh:

Averaging that kinda speed over 5 miles is out of my reach me thinks :laugh:

You wouldn't have to average it for 5 miles ;-)

It's mostly flat/downhill, with any luck we'd have a tailwind, and if everyone took a turn at the front you'd only be riding that pace unassisted for a mile or so. :biggrin: Worked really well on the Ton - I punched well above my usual average speed over the course of the first (gently uphill) 20 miles by taking turns at the front of a group where I would ride hard (22-23mph) for a couple of miles or until my legs couldn't keep the pace up, at which point the guy behind me would take over, and I'd draft him until he started to slow ad infinitum.

:surrender: :bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

Am I really trying to turn the CC Ecosse ride into my very own lead-out train? :blush:

(yes, yes I am)

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
You wouldn't have to average it for 5 miles ;-)

It's mostly flat/downhill, with any luck we'd have a tailwind, and if everyone took a turn at the front you'd only be riding that pace unassisted for a mile or so. :biggrin: Worked really well on the Ton - I punched well above my usual average speed over the course of the first (gently uphill) 20 miles by taking turns at the front of a group where I would ride hard (22-23mph) for a couple of miles or until my legs couldn't keep the pace up, at which point the guy behind me would take over, and I'd draft him until he started to slow ad infinitum.

:surrender: :bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

Am I really trying to turn the CC Ecosse ride into my very own lead-out train? :blush:

(yes, yes I am)

I'm guessing you and the mrs cousin done the ride on the same day?

I'm guessing you and the mrs cousin done the ride on the same day?
Entirely unintentionally; I had no idea they were on Arran until I uploaded my ride to Strava, at which point I thought "where do I know that name from?"

I started from Catacol, I think he started from the other side of the island.

The last hill on that looks like your riding into a brick wall!
If you're talking about that segment, nah, there's no climb there. It's very flat, my GPS doesn't seem able to discriminate small altitude differences with any accuracy.

Although there is another segment immediately afterward that IS like riding into a brick wall - I couldn't make the mental or physical adjustment from pushing a time trial cadence to a sudden 15% climb and I was forced to get off and push :blush:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Had another flat tyre tonight, annoyed as was at a decent pace. Garmin again was showing me as being underground most of my way around. Very annoyed

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Had another flat tyre tonight, annoyed as was at a decent pace. Garmin again was showing me as being underground most of my way around. Very annoyed
I think you can change a setting on your garmin homepage to change the elevation

I might've been up for that....looks like my kind of distance and terrain (downhill onto flat! :thumbsup:) but looking unlikely to make it. :sad:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
I might've been up for that....looks like my kind of distance and terrain (downhill onto flat! :thumbsup:) but looking unlikely to make it. :sad:

Ah that sucks :sad:

40 miles done tonight, hopefully the same again tomorrow night and on sat, decathlon have still failed to fix my bike properly so it will need to go back to them :cursing:

Fubar

Guru
I am now also having bike troubles, gear cable and bottom bracket, did the 40 miles with Col last night in wee ring - hopefully be fixed by next Saturday!

Top Bottom