Cat stuff.... 😻

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I'm not sure how best to break this to you, but I don't think that's a strawberry tub anymore now.

I didn't like to mention it. :laugh:

Slick

Guru
Just 'signed up' volunteering with a cat charity. First day: cleaning cat pens, hanging out laundry, washing cat bowls, then cat 'cuddling' i.e., helping the nervous cat become more human sociable simply by being with them and talking to them.
Very rewarding. :okay:🐱

You know, I have thought about it, but I'm still busy at work and I hate starting something I can't finish. I drop off my fair share of donations, but it isn't quite the same.

Also, Mrs Slick has the fear I'll be home with some more mouths to feed, and she's probably right. :laugh:

simongt

Guru
Also, Mrs Slick has the fear I'll be home with some more mouths to feed, and she's probably right. :laugh:
With a 'family' of seven rescues and one ex stray, this is something that I have to be very aware of. Even after one day there, I'd so love to adopt more, but space, practicality and more importantly, upsetting the hierarchy are the key points.
It's bad enough being carefully 'investigated' when I get home - ! :wacko:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Just read about cats having to be chipped,why and don't the Government have more pressing things to worry about.including the bull dog things,that are killing people.
Yep I struggle to understand the 'chipping' of Cats too, OK if a Cat 'strays' then the owner might get it back but generally if a Moggie goes wandering there is often a reason for it we've had 5* come and move in over the years and it's not like we 'steal' them they have a Catflap so can come and go as they like.

* 2 are currently 'in residence' Fifi who lived in somewhere near Birmingham until the girl who owned her was a victim of domestic violence and moved into a refuge so the Cat and her 4 kittens came to live with the girls cousin whose house backs onto ours. Fifi just wandered down the garden one day and hasn't left since, Maz was up at the greenhouse a couple of days later and overheard Corinne (the cousin) saying she had found homes for the 4 kittens but that 'mum' had disappeared so went round and explained leading to us adopting her.
Then there is 'Rainbow' who as a stray got fed by the Romanian couple next door until their big ginger tom swiped her one day whereupon she moved 2 doors further up the street to another Romanian couple who again put food out for her. Both didn't allow the Cat in the house as "Cats live outdoors" in their culture as the neighbour Florentina explained to Maz then one day Rainbow found our Catflap and bowls of biscuits plus a nice comfy settee to curl up on.

simongt

Guru
if a Moggie goes wandering there is often a reason for it we've had 5* come and move in over the years and it's not like we 'steal' them they have a Catflap so can come and go as they like.
Indeed. Our former stray ran away from his 'home' twice before he rocked up here in 2016 in a very sorry state.
He obviously sensed that ours was going to be his forever home as he's still with us and obviously doesn't have any plans to move on anytime soon - ! :biggrin:

si_c

Guru
Just read about cats having to be chipped,why and don't the Government have more pressing things to worry about.including the bull dog things,that are killing people.

Cat's requiring chips has been coming for a number of years and relates to the increase in pet thefts of high value breeds. Even a basic moggie is likely to set you back a couple of hundred quid if you are looking for a kitten rather than a rescue, with certain breeds costing well over a grand.

The new requirement for chips is intended to provide some level of deterrent for these thefts and the cost is quite low, my vet did it for a tenner.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Yep I struggle to understand the 'chipping' of Cats too, OK if a Cat 'strays' then the owner might get it back but generally if a Moggie goes wandering there is often a reason for it we've had 5* come and move in over the years and it's not like we 'steal' them they have a Catflap so can come and go as they like.

* 2 are currently 'in residence' Fifi who lived in somewhere near Birmingham until the girl who owned her was a victim of domestic violence and moved into a refuge so the Cat and her 4 kittens came to live with the girls cousin whose house backs onto ours. Fifi just wandered down the garden one day and hasn't left since, Maz was up at the greenhouse a couple of days later and overheard Corinne (the cousin) saying she had found homes for the 4 kittens but that 'mum' had disappeared so went round and explained leading to us adopting her.
Then there is 'Rainbow' who as a stray got fed by the Romanian couple next door until their big ginger tom swiped her one day whereupon she moved 2 doors further up the street to another Romanian couple who again put food out for her. Both didn't allow the Cat in the house as "Cats live outdoors" in their culture as the neighbour Florentina explained to Maz then one day Rainbow found our Catflap and bowls of biscuits plus a nice comfy settee to curl up on.
Unfortunately feeding other people's cats can turn into a form of stealing. I have a neighbour who has effectively stolen a cat from two doors away, and she is feeding mine despite one of them being diabetic. I am seriously thinking about a cease and desist letter from my solicitor.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Unfortunately feeding other people's cats can turn into a form of stealing. I have a neighbour who has effectively stolen a cat from two doors away, and she is feeding mine despite one of them being diabetic. I am seriously thinking about a cease and desist letter from my solicitor.

Surely a quiet word would suffice rather than a solicitors letter, something on the lines of "Please don't feed my Cat as it has a medical condition and is fed a special diet"
In a way a bit similar to people who give milk to a Cat despite them not being able to digest the Lactose in Cow milk.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Surely a quiet word would suffice rather than a solicitors letter, something on the lines of "Please don't feed my Cat as it has a medical condition and is fed a special diet"
In a way a bit similar to people who give milk to a Cat despite them not being able to digest the Lactose in Cow milk.
Done that many times but she questions whether my vet is good enough!

Top Bottom