Blood donation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Squire
I donated a couple of weeks ago after a gap. Nothing has changed.... the donors have to sit around listening to inane music while the staff seem to wander round very slowly and aimlessly. Oh, there was one change: they justify the initial wait by asking you to drink a pint of water before they start to process you.

No wonder they are struggling for donors.

sheddy

Legendary Member
I used to give but stopped after moving region.
It’s taken a few sessions on the phone to fix my donor login with IT support - now no excuses this side.
Having turned 66 it’ll be interesting if I’ll be declined.

Last edited:

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I gave blood for the first time when I was 18. I remember telling the nurse about the film I'd seen the night before called To the Devil a Daughter. A woman had all her blood drained out of her with blood donation equipment. Didn't tell her about the best bit, which was a nude scene by Natassja Kinski.

I take multi-vit with iron (14mg, I believe) plus bump up my iron intake via diet before donating. This time it wasn't high enough for me to donate, sadly..
I'll check out your suggestion, thanks.

Still get the test - I have been taking iron for over a year and my levels are still way too low

they are starting to look for other causes but are confused about lack of symptoms
but it is better to catch something before other symptoms appear and start to do damage etc

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I gave blood for the first time when I was 18. I remember telling the nurse about the film I'd seen the night before called To the Devil a Daughter. A woman had all her blood drained out of her with blood donation equipment. Didn't tell her about the best bit, which was a nude scene by Natassja Kinski.

And then you demonstrated how blood pressure readings vary by body part

alicat

Squire
I found out my donation was sent to University Hospital Coventry. They have been bombarding me with messages since I donated again but nowhere is there an opportunity to give them any feedback....

alicat

Squire
^^^ Thanks, @EltonFrog. I'll check those links out. ^_^

november4

I donated again recently and the young nurse wouldn't let me proceed until I ticked the box to affirm that I have never been pregnant, rather than writing N/A

I couldn't stop laughing as she tried to earnestly explain about transitioning......must be a generational thing.....the world has gone looney and I am old enough to see the funny side

Top Bottom