Bacon rolls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
....Smithfields - yep, done that one. Was working in Kirby St near Farringdon Stn back in 1990 for six months. On the nightshift was feeling a bit peckish, the lads said take a wander over to the meat market area and see whats happening. Place was a hive of industry, made me feel glad I wasn't the only poor sod working during the small hours. All the shops and cafes and pubs were all open - amazing to see. Anyways, had a fantastic bacon and egg sarnie, and I mean proper bacon and fresh as you could get it.

Around that time a mate of mine was working up north, somewhere near Manchester, and he said he went into a chippie up there, and a scrawny kid in front of him asked for a 'chip barm pea wet'........the pea wet being a splash of juice from the mushy peas. I'll stick with my bacon butties I think ^_^

Only ever worked there on days, Harts corner was something special.

View attachment 95718

.....here's what I knocked up for my Saturday morning treat. They are of course butter croissants, so no further embellishment needed other than HP and a dash of pepper, and a mug of tea to wash it all down. Have to say they were a tad colder than ideal, due to getting them ready for a formal portrait, but delicious nonetheless.....

The egg isn't even slightly runny! :ohmy::eek::cry:

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
FB_IMG_1436601901373.jpg

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Cycled 40 miles this morning, dreaming of a bacon butty at my destination, Darts Farm "shopping village" near Topsham in Devon. Got here at quarter to nine, only to be told that I couldn't have a bacon bap as advertised on their menu board thing as they didn't have enough bacon. IT'S A FARM SHOP! Had to make do with a bacon and cheese toastie, which would have been perfect for any meal other than breakfast...

_20150711_085154.JPG

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Cycled 40 miles this morning, dreaming of a bacon butty at my destination, Darts Farm "shopping village" near Topsham in Devon. Got here at quarter to nine, only to be told that I couldn't have a bacon bap as advertised on their menu board thing as they didn't have enough bacon. IT'S A FARM SHOP! Had to make do with a bacon and cheese toastie, which would have been perfect for any meal other than breakfast...

View attachment 95740
:cry:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear

View attachment 95740

That is certainly not mundane news. I feel your pain. (Just cooked myself bacon & scrambled egg, now I need coffee)

Couldn't you have ordered the bacon and cheese toastie, without the cheese and in a bap instead of the bread?

Not having bacon for a bacon bap, but having bacon for a toastie is bizarre

D

Deleted member 23692

No it's not it's a bacon cob, sold in Leicester in a cob shop (whoever heard of a 'roll' shop or a 'buttie' shop, and as for the dried up offerings in a Subway.xx()
I've spent the last 10 years trying to explain simple fact to this to Cumbrians.

Trying to order a sausage roll can go one of two ways. The use of the word 'cob' clarifies my request

D

Deleted member 23692

You could always ask for a sausage in a roll, or is that too many words?
Yes it's two words too many

Top Bottom