Any good jokes ... ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The same is true with lathes - you have drive centres and tailstock 'live' centres which are just held by tapers. They need knocking out from the back to get them out (actually on my tailstock it auto-ejects when you wind it in far enough).

I think my own lathe did that at the tailstock taper too. Handy for getting the drill chuck free. Some of my other taper tools and adapters had a slot so you could tap a wedge in

I seem to remember that on the Kango drill we used, to get the drill bit free you had to bash the side of the arbour with a hammer to "bounce" it loose. The guy in charge was very
capable so would have spotted a slot or whatever.

Gwylan

Veteran
Twelve years a tool room centre lath turner and the Morse Taper shanks never gave me a problem.

Is it your son who's the Prime Minister, then?

newts

Veteran
Look at my nuts

20241012_130742.jpg

dicko

Guru
I think my own lathe did that at the tailstock taper too. Handy for getting the drill chuck free. Some of my other taper tools and adapters had a slot so you could tap a wedge in

I seem to remember that on the Kango drill we used, to get the drill bit free you had to bash the side of the arbour with a hammer to "bounce" it loose. The guy in charge was very

I must have had and lost or lent loads of these

IMG_2626.jpeg

Alex321

Guru

The headstock on m ine has a hole from the back of the spindle, and a rod you knock it out with.

Alex H

Legendary Member
3.jpg

A lawyer representing a wealthy art dealer called him and said, "Saul, I have some good news and some bad news for you"

The art dealer replied, "I've had a terrible day, give me the good news first."

"Well", he said, "I met with your wife this morning and she told me she had bought two pictures for £500 and she thinks they may be worth 5 - 10 million pounds."

"Fantastic woman my wife, and a very smart business woman too!" said the art dealer, "What's the bad news?"

The lawyer replied, "The pictures are of you banging your secretary"

Top Bottom