205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Day 119: Business as usual for all riders in the OYTT. 100 miles of MK Bowl, Port Phillip Bay and 220 miles of Louisiana to the Natchez Trace.

oyttDay119.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Day 120: Four months into the OYTT.

oyttDay120.png

Perhaps it has been answered already, but for Tommy's graph why does the area under the horizontal black line not equal the area above it?

The horizontal is the overall daily average (total) and riders lines are their current averages (total). You're comparing totals (averages) not daily values.

Simple example, assuming you start very slowly and ramp up your daily mileage constantly over the whole year until you achieve Tommy's daily average at the end of the year, you'd always be under the horizontal axis but would achieve the same result at the end. If you plotted the daily values, you'd see the zero - sum pattern you're expecting as the daily mileage would be less to begin, but higher at the end.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Day 121: 229 miles of Mississippi coastal loops on the 'bent for Kurt bring him close to Miles's pace. Steve continues to ride the Bowl, this time for his longest one legged day so far of 114 miles.

oyttDay121.png

Attachments

• oyttDay121.png
    oyttDay121.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 46

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Day 122: Kurt rides 208 miles back to Natchez. Steve does the Bowl again, this time for 101 miles. Miles takes the train north to Albury and begins the ride back to Melbourne.

oyttDay122.png

Attachments

• oyttDay122.png
    oyttDay122.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 29

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Jo from the other place has written a BLOG on his design principles of his fantastic graphs.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Sounds like Kurt is having a rough time of it at the moment, he's said he has an abscess, or similar, the size of a baseball below his right cheek. As a result he'd switched to the bent and got saddle sores in new places along with back ache now.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo at the other place

Day 124: Kurt's has a slightly shorter day of 158 miles heading back towards Little Rock while Steve rides his longest post-crash day yet of 117 miles round the Bowl. Miles continue up and down the bay.

oyttDay124.png

Attachments

• oyttDay124.png
    oyttDay124.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 42

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Steve Abraham
A number of you have asked if Steve is using both legs yet. Well here is a short video I shot today. Excuse the wind noise it has been a little breezy. What do you think? Speaking with Steve today there is even more exciting news. We're not sure if it will happen yet, but if it does, you may be a little amazed. Watch this space. (Phil Whitehurst)

From Steves Facebook. Not sure what the big annoucement will be, perhaps the UMCA are going to let him use a motorbike for a few weeks to make the mileage back up?
I can't post the video I'm afraid, nor have I been able to post any of Kurts for a while now as the forum doesn't seem to want me to anymore, I feel a trip to Site Support coming on.

Top Bottom