205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Can it be engineered that he doesn't need to work that side as hard? I saw something at the Bespoked show that enabled cyclists to have a different crank to help them. I imagine that is going to be the hard bit at first.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Steve's Facebook page.

Notice... no leg cast.

upload_2015-4-27_17-27-28.png

swansonj

Guru
So he's 6000 miles down. But didn't his schedule project beating the record by 10000? So IF he were able to resume on his previous schedule for this point in the year, could he afford to lose another few thousand miles - say another month, if necessary, of 100 mile "only" days?

So he's 6000 miles down. But didn't his schedule project beating the record by 10000? So IF he were able to resume on his previous schedule for this point in the year, could he afford to lose another few thousand miles - say another month, if necessary, of 100 mile "only" days?

"I reckon that if I am 6000 miles down when I get back on the Raleigh and can get back onto the 82000 mile schedule I should just do it. I started this in January with 2 months of no cycling and went straight onto the 87000 mile schedule. I am not beaten yet". Steve/Jo

"Worth pointing out that while Steve is indeed 6000 miles down on WR pace, Tommy Godwin was 4000 miles down on Tommy Godwin's WR pace at this point." Sore Tween

The above couple of quotes from yacf, posted yesterday, offer a renewal of the milestorm that could be building across the UK.
Gooo Steve.

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place

Day 117: Kurt heads back to Little Rock for a 209 mile day. Steve, now without his plaster cast, flexes his right leg on the trike around the Bowl for 112 miles. Miles after travelling north is back to riding the bay. No log was uploaded for the 26th April means he has a little catching up to do to maintain his official pace close to Tommy's WR.

oyttDay117.png

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
There was a video posted on Facebook of Steve whizzing round the bowl, getting out of the trike, getting in the trike and eating his lunch. I did try to post it but I don't know if it's me, Facebook or the forum but I can't seem to embed anything :sad:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place

Day 118: Miles continues his excursions up and down the bay for 200 miles. Kurt heads south from Little Rock to Louisiana for 197 miles. Steve, with an impressive dedication rides around the bowl for 101 miles.

oyttDay118.png

Top Bottom