205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Is Steve on two wheels or three . has he had the cast removed

Two wheels, yes the cast is off.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Three wheels today. This was at 50k: -
11210479_1579297845652179_7927306649862059366_n.jpg

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3686431, member: 9609"]he has done some miles on two wheels, but apparently yesterday his 115 was on the trike, do you know for certain he is on two wheels day?

I think he has given up - even I have done more miles than him since the begining of March
jan 930, feb, 857, mar 272, apr 61 and the first few days of may 18miles.

this page shows an interesting progress chart, kurt is just keeping in front of the record
http://ultracycling.com/sections/records/data/hamr/byday.html

apparently Kurt is now not going to do the race-across-america, and instead is heading north in june up to wisconsin, presumably cooler conditions and more daylight - Wisconsin looks like another county void of any hills - kurt doesn't seem to do hills[/QUOTE]

Re two wheels, no I'm not certain, I was going by earlier posts and his average speed was back to his two wheeled speed.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
You get 27 hours total for a BCM 400, so he'll be riding through the night.

The elliptigos are a bit like the leg section of an elliptical trainer at the gym. I rode with one on Monday on a 200km audax for a while, and the owner was able to keep a 25km/h average quite happily. They have a chainwheel behind the 'pedals', with a short chain to a hub geared rear wheel.

edited - that typo made him seem a bit fast! Now corrected

Last edited:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Don't know if Mr Abraham ever frequents Cyclechat but I'd kind of like him to know that the knowledge he was out doing way more mileage than me while still recovering from a broken ankle is what got me through the tough bits of my century today.

Go Steve!!! :notworthy:

DanZac

Another amazing days riding from Steve and everyone else whos been out there in the wind. Stay safe all those pushing through the night. (Although to be honest there probably safe at night once all the idiots have gone to bed).

GO STEVE !!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place

Day 129: Steve completes the first half of the 400km Asparagus and Strawberries audax through Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk to give him 186 miles on the trike for the day (and first half of the night). Kurt continues on familiar roads near Little Rock for 216 while Miles does the bay for a day.

oyttDay129.png

Attachments

• oyttDay129.png
    oyttDay129.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 40

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Day 130: A long day in Little Rock for Kurt at 251 miles. Steve completes his 400k Audax then rides back home from Manningtree giving him 206 miles for the day. Miles rides east to Sale before doing some more bay for a total of 158 miles.

oyttDay130.png

Attachments

• oyttDay130.png
    oyttDay130.png
    87 KB · Views: 30
Top Bottom