205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

"GROW STEVE!"
There's a nice tribute to Steve on yacf...the 'Quarter Peal' at Marsh Gibbon church. Good fun to find it and listen - the man's influence is strong.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Steve has just posted in the other place to say the trike has yet to arrive.

Looks to me like he won't be riding it in the attempt until tomorrow at the earliest.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Roger the Moneyman is saying in the other place it will be next week before Steve makes a start on the track with the trike.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
[QUOTE 3637915, member: 9609"]"the other place" ?

I don't know if steve is best forgetting about this challenge and concentrating on the new start in June - even if steve clocks up 50 mile a day with one leg on the trike over the next 4 weeks. He would then need to average 240 a day until the end of the year.[/QUOTE]
But at the end of the year it would set the first record.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
He's going to hold the record whatever. It does bring it home to me that Kurt's 240 mile day is amazing, and Steve would have to average that, for the rest of the year, while recovering from injury. I personally think this attempt is now out of the running, and would expect Steve to work up to a second start, either in the late summer or next January when he's ridden back into fitness.

The experience and training he has developed over this campaign, however, will, if anything make him even better prepared for the next one. Allez Steve

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
11126722_1058309117530148_4679028688179628469_n.jpg

Top Bottom