205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the the other place

Day 79: Kurt goes on a 222 mile tour of Louisiana towards New Orleans crossing the 14,000 miles mark. As the moon crosses the sun, Steve crosses his 15,000 mile total on his fenland tour back to MK.

oyttDay79.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I don't think he reads the forum (how could he have time?) but we know he is aware of what is being written and said about him.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Extended the commute home last night as is the norm, but a way I don't do very often. Checked my strava when I got back and found I had some PBs, had a look to see how I was stacking up against the people I follow (all 10 of them, and only 3 live round here) and found that Mr Steve Abraham was on some of them, as pathetic as it sounds I was honestly delighted that some bloke that I've never met had ridden some of the same roads as me in a little corner of SW Wales ^_^

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 3601170, member: 9609"]I wasn't being serious, i don't think he read the post and out of pure awkwardness changed his direction.
.[/QUOTE]

Yes I realise that lol.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Extended the commute home last night as is the norm, but a way I don't do very often. Checked my strava when I got back and found I had some PBs, had a look to see how I was stacking up against the people I follow (all 10 of them, and only 3 live round here) and found that Mr Steve Abraham was on some of them, as pathetic as it sounds I was honestly delighted that some bloke that I've never met had ridden some of the same roads as me in a little corner of SW Wales ^_^
I'll have to check as he's been this way too!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
[QUOTE 3602220, member: 9609"]Looks like they have both headed down to the coast today, Steves just a few miles inland from Poole, 195miles on the clock and still pedalling.
For reasons beyond me Kurt gave that fantastic 22 mile bridge over Lake Pontchartrain a miss, he should have just got his wife to drive behind, it would have been an amazing 44 miles each way - Instead he has headed a little east to 'Bay St Louis' where he seems to be just cycling back and forth along the sea front, can't blame him though, it does look rather fantastic StreetView Link and as of now (4pm Mississippi time) he has a 135 on the clock[/QUOTE]
South is the only way to ride today. There's a wicked northerly blowing down here. The problem starts tomorrow when there's nowhere south left to go.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place

Day 80: Steady progress from both Kurt and Steve, clocking up 221 and 215 miles respectively. Kurt does some beach loops NE of New Orleans while Steve follows a cold northerly wind from MK down to Dorset.
oyttDay80.png

Top Bottom