205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From Williams Facebook

HAMR update: Not giving up going to hang in this contest till the end of the year. A few hiccups with weather, work related issues, a sore IT band. But like all goals you have to keep chipping way. Thanks for all the supporters and encouraging comments.

If you need a reminder on how William is doing he has currently ridden 1948 miles. He has ridden 73.3 miles in the last 24 days.
That's a 'William tell'.
I think he's shot his bolt this time.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
And, Steve is on the move, towards Peterborough etc. with his ESTIMATED tracker showing nearly 50 miles on the clock. (Why is it that Kurt's never shows the daily mileage at any given time, just the collective?)
Hopefully a pollution-free day in store for Steve. Maybe he did eat the service station sausages yesterday - that would explain a lot of things.
Kurts shows ok for me, not sure what issue you may be having.

Kurts shows ok for me, not sure what issue you may be having.
ionmm9.jpg

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
That's a 'William tell'.
I think he's shot his bolt this time.
Obviously I know nothing about the man, but I assume he is an athlete of some standing to have even considered putting his name in the hat, to be honest I find myself being a bit embarrassed on his behalf, he's in danger of becoming a bit of a joke.

Is that now? If so it's because he isn't riding yet.
Perhaps I'm missing the joke but...
1. William is officially enrolled in the HAM'R attempt.
2. Every official challenger must chose his official start date and inform the UMCA of that date.
3. William chose the 4th January 2015 as his start date.
4. His start date (along with Steve's and Kurt's) is listed on the HAM'R website here.

So... he is in fact "riding", but obviously "not enough". The degree of "not enough" is what is embarrassing.

BigAl68

Über Member
We have all had the cross themed thread conundrum ^_^

We have all had the cross themed thread conundrum ^_^
Quite. And this is cross-threaded with the 'Discussion' thread too (but don't start posting on that otherwise I will get confused!!!) but I think that counter reads incorrectly all the time. I'm sure I watched Kurt, live, paddling along the Little Rock shores etc. one time. Even if it is a 'stopped moment', I don't know why the total is so high. But I'm not the best at technology - no need to be as I have you lot. :smile:

BigAl68

Über Member
I see Kurt mileage most days as he rides. The spot tracker website can be a bit slow and you need to f5 it to see the updated mileage.

BigAl68

Über Member
I watched his video and there was a huge sting hanging out of his face. It got more swollen as the day went on. Having had a bee go under my glasses and sting my face last year I have some sympathy for him.

Top Bottom