205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A much shorter day for Steve today.... hopefully to get a good nights sleep ready for a much longer day tomorrow.

upload_2015-3-18_19-43-59.png

upload_2015-3-18_19-44-32.png

GO STEVE!!!

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Average speed 13.2mph with 5400ft of climbing according to strava, so his average was lower than usual.

142 miles for Steve, much shorter day mileage wise with an early finish. Can't post the details as I'm on the tablet but I'm sure someone will soon.
Possibly he got snarled up in the pollution?
Here is the Defra site.
And here's a report.
Cough - bloody French. A noseful, as well as an Eiffel. :smile:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Yes... to a point! After that, it becomes "worrying" rather than "speculating". I'm all too good at that. :tongue:
Too early to worry yet, I think, but I'll admit that I had a little twitch when I saw the 142 posted by 7pm. He knows what he's doing though :thumbsup:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place

Day 77: Kurt, nursing a nasty insect sting to his eye, joins the Natchez Trace for a scenic 213 miles to Jackson Mississippi. Steve has his shortest day yet comprising a rolling 142 miles and early finish from Derby back to MK.

oyttDay77.png

Both Kurt's recent shorter days and Steve's single day yesterday are visible in the full year picture. It shows how unrelenting is the pressure on both riders.
oyttDay77FullYear.png

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
From Williams Facebook

HAMR update: Not giving up going to hang in this contest till the end of the year. A few hiccups with weather, work related issues, a sore IT band. But like all goals you have to keep chipping way. Thanks for all the supporters and encouraging comments.

If you need a reminder on how William is doing he has currently ridden 1948 miles. He has ridden 73.3 miles in the last 24 days.

And, Steve is on the move, towards Peterborough etc. with his ESTIMATED tracker showing nearly 50 miles on the clock. (Why is it that Kurt's never shows the daily mileage at any given time, just the collective?)
Hopefully a pollution-free day in store for Steve. Maybe he did eat the service station sausages yesterday - that would explain a lot of things.

Top Bottom