205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
upload_2015-3-15_10-30-11.png

Zooming out on jo's (from the other place) graph shows the scale of the challenge very effectively, I think. It also shows the difference between the riders. Steve is methodically, and a little boringly, implementing a plan. Tarzan is winging it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Whilst I do want to see Steve get the record, I do hope Kurt continues to get the miles in. Him and Alicia seem like nice people, I like them :smile:

Yeah he's a likeable fella, though she's a bit too American excitable for my liking.
Though it does look like Kurt is going through the duldrums and having a tough time of it at the moment.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Yeah he's a likeable fella, though she's a bit too American excitable for my liking.
Though it does look like Kurt is going through the duldrums and having a tough time of it at the moment.
Agreed, to rephrase something I read elsewhere, is tough to ride past your front door and I wonder if sleeping in his own (or Alicias?) bed then doing loops around town aren't necessarily helping his mileage.

Kurt doesn't strike me as having a plan, other than ride more miles than Steve. I may be doing him disservice though.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I thought the purpose of the rides was for either or both Kurt and Steve to attempt to beat the record, whereas Kurt seems to be competing against Steve?

BigAl68

Über Member
Kurt seems to be doing another day of up and down past his house again. Wouldn't doing an out and return as Steve is doing be easier on the mind? I admit he does seem to just come up with a plan on a day by day basis.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Kurt seems to be doing another day of up and down past his house again. Wouldn't doing an out and return as Steve is doing be easier on the mind? I admit he does seem to just come up with a plan on a day by day basis.

Which doesn't bode well for Kurt as you can see from Jo's graph I posted above. Even the slightest dip in mileage on a daily basis brings the base amount down quite a lot.

Go Kurt.. keep cycling bud. (But Steve cycle that little bit further)

BigAl68

Über Member
Steve seems to have everything in place to just focus on putting the miles in everyday when Kurt seems to have done his planning on the back of a napkin. I hope he continues to ride but I can't wait to see what happens when Steve rides into the spring and summer with the longer and warmer days. It has become a bit of an obsession checking the live trackers and also the very well informed posts here from @ianrauk et al.

Top Bottom