205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Steve seems to have everything in place to just focus on putting the miles in everyday when Kurt seems to have done his planning on the back of a napkin. I hope he continues to ride but I can't wait to see what happens when Steve rides into the spring and summer with the longer and warmer days. It has become a bit of an obsession checking the live trackers and also the very well informed posts here from @ianrauk et al.

It has become an obsession :okay:
The trackers are now my most visited websites on a daily basis.

I'm lucky that I have cycled with Steve a couple of times and know if anyone can do this, Steve can.

BigAl68

Über Member
i just looked at my history for the last couple of days on the laptop and trackleaders crops up more than I had thought it would. It is also great that there are people who know Steve personally here giving the whole thing an even more personal side. I keep mentioning it to cycling friends who seem to not be aware of it and they are now almost as obsessed as us here on the thread. It seems Steve is riding again so should be home in a couple of hours.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Seems to me Kurt does have a plan and it's a simple one.

Ride 200 miles or just over every day, knowing that he will need to up that a tiny bit to get the 205 average.

That's what he's been doing until the last two or three days.

His daily average has only just dipped below 200 miles.

Steve's average has recently risen to more than 190 miles, so it couldn't be more fascinating.

http://gicentre.org/oytt/

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A tad under 207 miles for the day. And if the weather was anything like todays in SE London/NW Kent, Steve would have had a really crappy weather day. Cold and damp.

But he keeps riding..........................
upload_2015-3-15_21-2-17.png

upload_2015-3-15_21-2-53.png

GO STEVE!!!

BigAl68

Über Member
Kurt seems to have has a trouble free day at last and put a 220 mile day in. Steve seems to be heading in a similar direction as yesterday.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place

Day 74:
Kurt is back on form clocking 222 miles in balmier temperatures and dryer conditions in Little Rock. Steve takes a 206 mile return trip from MK to King's Lynn.

oyttDay74.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have run out of superlatives and it's only day 75. The Red Randonneur knocks out another 200+ miler.. 218 miles to be precise

upload_2015-3-16_20-55-25.png

upload_2015-3-16_20-56-12.png

GO STEVE!!

BigAl68

Über Member
That's about 17 miles more than the spot tracker was estimating. He seems to be getting the rides done faster as well which can only be good news. Looks as if his sausage powered engine is going to go up a gear or two really soon. :bicycle:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
With the mileage they're doing day after day it's crossed my mind that it's the perfect opportunity for some marvellous strava art, I'm disappointed at the efforts so far. I blame the back up teams, they should be planning routes accordingly. We want more art, or cocks, whatever.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place

Day 75: Another fenland tip for Steve under grey skies and a cold wind allows him to accumulate a further 218 miles. Kurt is back in his rhythm riding for 210 miles from Little Rock edging back in the direction of WR pace.

oyttDay75.png

Top Bottom