205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigAl68

Über Member
So we have a restart date and Steve's thinking and reasoning. I think he is very sure of himself and his capabilities and I for one can't wait to see how this plays out over the next year and a half.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
So we have a restart date and Steve's thinking and reasoning. I think he is very sure of himself and his capabilities and I for one can't wait to see how this plays out over the next year and a half.

Indeed, it's fascinating stuff. Fair play to Steve. A lesser mortal would have given up way before now.

Interesting and exciting for sure, but I felt a little concerned for Steve reading the article, I dunno I'm probably reading too much into it.

BigAl68

Über Member
@Mugshot I also can read some trepidation in his words however we all know how easy meaning can get lost when you can't hear the person saying the words.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Interesting and exciting for sure, but I felt a little concerned for Steve reading the article, I dunno I'm probably reading too much into it.
I think you are. I think he knows himself extremely well.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
@Mugshot I also can read some trepidation in his words however we all know how easy meaning can get lost when you can't hear the person saying the words.
Agreed, I'd imagine given the chance he'd like another month of healing first because his ankle isn't where he wants it to be (which can't be helping everything else if he is right in thinking being injured is what is kicking out the sleepy hormones). But he knows he can't delay past August 1 for practical reasons so he just has to see how it goes. I'm amazed every other sentence isn't berating the nobber on the moped. But I guess you can't change the past.

BigAl68

Über Member
Agreed, I'm probably just being a bit pessimistic, plus I'm a bloody bad mood today :cursing:

Seems a lot of people are. I am looking forward to getting out of the hospital and riding my bad mood away at 3pm

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Kurt rides a monster, tail wind apparently, but even so that's a mighty impressive average.
upload_2015-7-15_8-3-11.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place
Day 195: Kurt rides for 273 miles, making it his longest day yet in the OYTT. Steve continues his slight easing of daily distance at 204 miles in preparation for a second concurrent attempt in August. Only a few miles logged for Miles following is previous long day, but his pace over his first 27 days matches that set by Tommy in January 1939.

oyttDay195.png

Top Bottom