205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place

Day 201: Kurt hits 40,000 miles with a 232 mile ride ending in Manitowoc. Steve slows his pace and rides 85 miles back from Cheshire to Lichfield. Miles rides from Albury back to Melbourne for a 201 mile day.

oyttDay201.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Day 202: Steve announces a concurrent restart attempt starting on the 8th August, until which time he intends to ease off the long distances. He rides 97 miles from Lichfield back to MK. Kurt sticks to the Lake Michigan shoreline for 223 miles. Miles does a repeat of yesterday from Albury to Melbourne.

oyttDay202.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place

Day203: 220 miles up the shoreline for Kurt keeps him heading steadily away from Tommy Godwin's pace. Steve continues his tapering in advance of his restart with a 127 mile trip to St Ives and back. Miles combines a short trip north with his usual bayside route for 204 miles.

oyttDay203.png

Day204: Kurt tours the peninsula with some shoreline repeats for 219 miles. Steve makes the 123 mile return trip to Peterborough. Miles is back to the bay with a 130 mile ride.

oyttDay204.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place.

Day 205: Another 220 Wisconsin miles from Kurt, 125 tapered miles from Steve and small, but perfectly formed 45 from Miles. (Brief report as I'm off on holiday for a week in the land of uncertain wifi.)

oyttDay205.png

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Kurt is looking very strong now, still a way to go but it's looking like Steve will have a new target for his challenge.
Not seen an HAMR update for a while, have I missed one?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
[QUOTE 3819708, member: 9609"]not really, they have missed 219.3 out for kurt on day 194[/QUOTE]
Oh aye, they've missed stacks out for The Ox too!!! Never mind, it was close enough for me :smile:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
[QUOTE 3820973, member: 9609"]I am now just over 600 miles in front of the Ox - not sure why he is in the challenge.[/QUOTE]
I'm just over double his mileage, personally I find I'm embarrassed on his behalf it makes him look like a joke. However if his aim was to get more Strava followers and to get more hits and likes on the Facebook page of the company that he works for then he's a genius.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3820973, member: 9609"]I am now just over 600 miles in front of the Ox - not sure why he is in the challenge.

@Supersuperleeds nearly 12½ thousand for the year so far, very impressive, averaging 60 mile per day !!! wow that is one serious amount of cycling, what sort of speeds are you averaging ?[/QUOTE]

It's all the commuting miles that builds it up. Commuting I am around 15-16mph, if I get on the road bike that goes 16+, in the winter on the hybrid and the winter tyres I'm lucky to hit 14-15mph.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Bad news for Kurt, this from his Facebook
Tarzan Rides the HAM'R Kurt Searvogel
5 hrs ·
This morning Kurt was having trouble breathing when riding the recumbent again. We thought it might be congestion or a lung infection. I had him quit early so that he could be seen. His X-ray showed that in his right lung he has a hemi-elevated diaphragm. What that means, we don't know until he sees a pulmonologist. We already know he has a large heart and now less space in his lungs? Blood work shows he's a bit anemic too. Yet, he keeps HAM'Ring on!!! - Alicia

Top Bottom