205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephen C

Über Member
That bell-ringing story is brilliant!
(Basically a bunch of people on YACF got together to ring a "quarter peal" (no, me neither) at Marsh Gibbon church, to celebrate Steve's achievement (I think they started planning before he was hit by the moped rider, and decided to do it anyway)).
To deviate slightly, this is the quarter peal: http://bb.ringingworld.co.uk/view.php?id=453878

A quarter peal consists of ringing for approximately 45 minutes ringing without making any mistakes (well, any major mistakes, slight trips are allowed if corrected promptly) without any visuals aid, so completely from memory. More details can be found here.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
OK, ladies, who is going for the women's record?
I'll let you get a head start...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
191 for the Red Wanderer today. Staying close to home with a multiple Gibbon. (Making a total of 82 Gibbons)

upload_2015-6-4_21-55-40.png

upload_2015-6-4_21-57-20.png

GO STEVE!!!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place

Day 155: Kurt does more Arkansas river repeats but then escapes for a bit of hill climbing to Wye giving him 215 miles for the day. Steve has a hospital visit sandwiched between 191 miles of local riding.

oyttDay155.png

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I'm always struck by the average daily milage required by each rider just to tie with the record, it's quite astonishing.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Day 156: Kurt reaches the 30,000 milestone with more hamster wheel riding by the river. Steve heads north for 206 miles to Alfreton in readiness for the weekend's Nine Counties 600km audax.

oyttDay156.png

[QUOTE 3732427, member: 9609"]It is astonishing, I could imagine most people could not keep up with them in a car. I can't even comprehend these distances on a bike[/QUOTE]

Excellent point, that I hadn't previously considered and which just blew me away even more!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Day 157: Kurt starts the day racing in the Tour de Rock before returning to the back and forth on the river trail for a day's total of 222 miles. Steve rides the first part of the Nine Counties audax through Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire (have I missed any?) for a tidy 233 miles.

oyttDay157.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Day 158: Steve completes his 600km Audax with a few extra diversions added to give him a 205 mile day. Kurt continues on his 'hamster wheel' on the river trail with a small hilly diversion at the start of the day for a bit of variety. With another 228 miles for the day, he's now within a week of hitting Tommy's WR annual pace.

oyttDay158.png

Top Bottom