205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place

Day 148: While Miles is still off with lung problems, Kurt does another 233 miles along his favourite river trails and Steve takes a 221 mile circumnavigatory trip around Cambridge.

oyttDay148.png

Attachments

• oyttDay148.png
    oyttDay148.png
    38 KB · Views: 29

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Day 149: Miles continues his off-the-bike recovery. Kurt bangs out 213 miles along new roads north of Little Rock while Steve does another 165 mile circumnavigation of Cambridge.

oyttDay149.png

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Probably a sensible decision to let his body recover, we've seen from Steve that they can quickly get back up to speed when they recover far quicker than us mere mortals.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Day 150: Following his lung problems, Miles announces his retirement from his first OYTT challenge. He will restart on the 18th June. Meanwhile Kurt and Steve put in 210 and 218 miles respectively. By this time in 1939, Tommy had found sponsorship from Raleigh and a professional manager. His daily mile total started increasing significantly.

oyttDay150.png

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I know it's not really about the Tommy Godwin challenge but I thought you may be interested in what Chris Hopkinson (Steves crew chief) has been up to.

Chris 'Hoppo' hopkinson
9 hrs ·
Just won my 27th 24hr. It is my 7th win out of 27 x 24hr races and by far the most unforgettable - it is also two on the trot! Massively hilly including a 1,500 foot climb out of the Canyon in the first three miles. The scenery was amazing. 750 people there, and Ryan Parnell's organisation was spotless - he should be very proud.
Thank you Jenny Bonham for you unwavering support, love and trust in my judgement - can't wait to get home. xx
Lovely to see good friends Lisa and Scott Anderson and Larry Eads

https%3A%2F%2Fdgtzuqphqg23d.cloudfront.net%2FxghbAhjEAVTB3-I4rOjWVPEf6QBWGZHnteAWWaHfCCg-768x432.jpg
24hrs In The Canyon - Race Win and Course Record! - Chris Hopkinson's 417.5 miles bike ride

Unforgettable massively hilly race. Two 24hr wins on the trot now! :-)
app.strava.com

CGW5XV1WgAAgf7t.jpg

Rather impressive I thought.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
It certainly is, at any age! Even more so at Hoppo's (though this may have been an age-group win rather than overall? not sure). He's still got it!
Quite possibly, this is from my Facebook. I did check on the 24hrs in the Canyon website but couldn't find the 2015 results, I'm guessing they haven't updated that as yet.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Day 151: Kurt accumulates 242 miles by riding the same strip of the Arkansas river road 46 times. He's now less than a week away from overtaking the women's OYTT record. Steve does a 228 mile Fenland loop taking his annual average daily distance back above 150 miles.

oyttDay151.png

Blimey, 46 times? That works out cycling up and down a 5 mile strip of road. Now I can imagine that would have been boring beyond belief. Fair play to Kurt for doing that.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Blimey, 46 times? That works out cycling up and down a 5 mile strip of road. Now I can imagine that would have been boring beyond belief. Fair play to Kurt for doing that.

Tarzan Rides the HAM'R Kurt Searvogel
6 hrs ·
with the flooding cutting off the roads to the west and east and construction in little rock proper I have been confined to a 10 miles loop - at least its flat.

%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fgarmin-connect-prod%2Fshare_activity_data%2Fshare_activity_790855826.png
Day 142 - 23 Laps of the River trail
Distance 241.74 mi | Time 12:25:56 | Speed 19.4 mph | Elev Gain 1,804 ft
connect.garmin.com

Here's why.

Top Bottom