205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MisterStan

Label Required
Still going strong! 130 miles so far and looks to be heading for home.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What an amazing effort yesterday so soon after his unfortunate incident. 6 weeks, broken ankle fixed with metal pins. Superhuman.

upload_2015-5-14_9-46-39.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 3694093, member: 9609"]all a bit out of my comprehension.

Last friday I decided to give him a race - he was on 61 mile when I left home, I did 37 mile in good time, and on returning home I checked on his tracker, he was up to 104 mile - so with his 1½ legs, 5 weeks after ankle reconstruction, he still beat me my 6 mile ![/QUOTE]

The true sense of an Ironman

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place

Day 132: A problem with Kurt's GPS log means he was unable to register his ride for the day. Miles rides with the wind east to Bairnsdale for 200 miles before doing some more bay. Steve, back on two wheels, rides 101 miles of Bucks roads including some Marsh Gibbon visits.

oyttDay132.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Day 133: Kurt, Steve and Miles continue to ride the roads from their home towns logging 233, 150 and 130 miles respectively. Looking at the year's progress it is clear how tough this record attempt is. All riders (including Tommy Godwin at this stage) have been slipping from the WR pace. The consistency required to beat it will be the main challenge for all riders in the coming months.

oyttDay133.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Day 134: Very wet weather for Steve who, despite the rain, manages 101 miles on his Raleigh. Kurt keeps up his pace with 205 Little Rock miles. Miles follows recent patterns by riding east with the wind then returning by train for a ride along part of the bay for a 162 mile day.

oyttDay134.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Day 135:
A similar pattern to previous days from all three riders, Kurt: 233 Little Rock miles, Steve: 114 miles into Essex and Miles: 167 miles east out of Melbourne. Steve edges closer to the 20,000 mile mark, placing him about a month behind Kurt and two and half weeks behind Tommy (which is about the same length of time Steve was completely off the bike).

oyttDay135.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Day 136: A familiar pattern for Kurt and Miles - up and down the roads of Little Rock and Port Phillip Bay. Kurt is constantly riding further each day, so Miles will have to change his strategy if he has any chance of the record. Steve meanwhile completed the first half of the Flatlanders 600 audax helpers' ride from Essex up to Goole.

oyttDay136.png

Top Bottom