205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Discussion thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Well good luck to him, as in the next 48-72hours it's going to be as windy as f**k and I for one wouldn't of thought being on a bike in such strong winds is a particularly smart move. But hey this guy is madder than mad Jack McMad.

AndyRM

XOXO
9488803.68f85d3c.640.jpg

That's a helluva lead out train.

blazed

220lb+
If Steve is happier riding a bike than doing anything else in life, then I would say he is very successful.

I would like blaze to explain more in detail where he thinks he has been unsuccessful. Or what they consider a successful life. For me life is about being happy, contented, safe and healthy.

http://blog.brooksengland.com/wps/ride-eat-sleep-repeat-x-365/

Take a look at the state of the guys flat. It's just looks like an unhealthy obsession of someone who probably needed to find more balance and jot focus his entire life on Audax.

But I anyway I won't post anymore about it. I get that it's ok to criticize a man who crashes his bike and is seriously injured (Bono) on Cyclechat but not ok to criticize Abraham in anyway even though he's put himself in the public eye.

screenman

Legendary Member

Take a look at the state of the guys flat. It's just looks like an unhealthy obsession of someone who probably needed to find more balance and jot focus his entire life on Audax.

But I anyway I won't post anymore about it. I get that it's ok to criticize a man who crashes his bike and is seriously injured (Bono) on Cyclechat but not ok to criticize Abraham in anyway even though he's put himself in the public eye.

I did not say it was my style, like you I prefer more balance, but maybe we are wrong. I just do not think that we all fit into the same size box in life, there are after all plenty of miserable people who conform to whatever normality is.

You may have seen the picture of my workshop on the sheds topic, showing that I might be slightly tidier.

I did not say it was my style, like you I prefer more balance, but maybe we are wrong. I just do not think that we all fit into the same size box in life, there are after all plenty of miserable people who conform to whatever normality is.

You may have seen the picture of my workshop on the sheds topic, showing that I might be slightly tidier.

One could eat off the floor in your workshop!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur

Well...I can think of several single men whose homes are less than models of tidiness, and not all are even cyclists.
As for 'unhealthy obsession', I don't think any of his friends would recognise that. He's a genuinely nice bloke, witty and entertaining.
Oh, and not audax, just cycling in all its forms.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Well...I can think of several single men whose homes are less than models of tidiness, and not all are even cyclists.
As for 'unhealthy obsession', I don't think any of his friends would recognise that. He's a genuinely nice bloke, witty and entertaining.
Oh, and not audax, just cycling in all its forms.

The weird bit for me is that his style of living seems to upset so many people...obviously I don't know his detailed bio and have only met him briefly once. But I haven't been aware of his lifestyle causing problems to others or any attempt on his part to preach/convert others to his style of living.

Taking another perspective, in a few years time we'll all be dead and gone and he may be one of the very few that will be remembered to any degree.

screenman

Legendary Member
Here's the bottom line. A bloke I vaguely know, who has proffered me a bit of cake at the J31 service station on the M25, who I've ridden with on the (very) odd occasion, is undertaking a feat of phenomenal cycling endurance. And I can be a part of that. It's mind boggling.

That is all well and good Tim, but did this bloke vacuum his dining room before he left home this morning, as that is what really counts.^_^

albion

Guru
...It's mind boggling.
Most of us are closer to the Royle family than him, especially with all that sofa commentry happening here.

I don't think it is a big deal for him. He is accustomed to it so fair play to him to push his passion to supposed limits. Saying that, todays equipment makes it a doddle in comparison to back in the early 20th century when this thing was the rage.

Top Bottom