Signs you are doing well financially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnblack

Über Member
We are at what's commonly known as the midlife "squeeze". Good income but large expenditure (mostly child related). We have a 2 year breathing space now due to advance fee payment, but then it's 6th form for the younger daughter and probably Uni for the older. 5 more years until the pressure drops a bit. All of this is of course our own fault but it's well worth it. Older daughter has just got a crop of excellent GCSE results and is now getting her first Saturday job. All steps to independence.
Been going through that. Just starting the last year of Uni for the eldest, it's been eye wateringly expensive, but, she's extremely bright, very driven and knows what she wants to do, luckily we 're in the position to help get her through. Even more luckily our younger daughter decided that University was not for her, got a great apprenticeship and is earning and saving.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not to mention a few other things...
A scattering of brain cells..
A good work ethic..
A good choice of partner...

A partner isn’t actually a pre-requisite for success especially for a woman ;)

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
People look at you weird as you have the money, but still cycle like a poor peasant

They don’t yet realise that it is plebs and peasants who do the driving.

I think cycling to work just is the pinnacle. You could drive, you don't. You can freely spend all that horrible fuel/electron money on the bike. Your commuter bike is possibly the best in the shed. People look at you weird as you have the money, but still cycle like a poor peasant.

Based on my own personal experiences, this can definitely be expanded to utility cycling in general.

Not so much in Cambridge, but out here, people do look at you funny.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Based on my own personal experiences, this can definitely be expanded to utility cycling in general.

Not so much in Cambridge, but out here, people do look at you funny.

That's something I've noticed in NZ.
Bike helmets are compulsory, and utility cycling isn't a thing. It's just not.
Cycling is something that you drive with your bike to do, then you drive home with your bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom